Director Of Behavioral Health
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: January 15, 2021
*** This position is located in the Chicagoland area. Relocation
Directs and oversees multiple access points for behavioral health
services care and treatment (i.e. call center, medical centers,
intake, emergency departments, outpatient clinics) to ensure
accurate and complete information is obtained to meet the
requirements of patient registration, insurance verification, and
billing for the appropriate services. Ensures standardization of
training, performance and outcomes and seamless access and optimal
customer service in all areas of responsibility.--Position
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration,--Nursing, or
related field, or Master's Degree in Social Work or related
- 7+ years of experience in patient access and admitting.
Includes 3 years of management experience in managing staff,
budgets and multiple human resources functions within a
multi-department, large and complex healthcare organization. Strong
knowledge of healthcare industry and related Patient Access rules
- Proven ability to effectively network and problem solve for
physicians and physician office management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving
- Directs and coordinates the smooth operations of multiple
access services and performance of all department functions and
services. Develops and implements strategic and operational plans
aimed at enhancing department and organizational access and bed
management performance. Participates in multidisciplinary teams for
- Oversees quality management activities and performance
improvement techniques and quality/quantity standards to analyze
processes in order to streamline workflow design operations,
improve quality and service across all access sites. Maintains
effective communication with patients, families, department and
medical staff and acts as a liaison to assure efficient department
operations with exceptional quality and service.
- Ensures effective management of access work-queues to improve
timeliness of claim submission.
- Ensures that utilization of all resources is optimal (i.e.,
staffing, supplies, etc.). Recommends and institutes measures that
result in greater cost effectiveness and efficiency in operations
while ensuring high patient satisfaction.
- Oversees standardized training, performance and outcomes within
all assigned access areas.
- Ensures all compliance standards are met as required by each
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary management teams to
standardize policies, work standards and processes. Considers needs
of finance, government agencies, business operations, marketing,
and strategic initiatives of site or region.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which
include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions,
staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes,
resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations,
and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and
controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Chicago , Director Of Behavioral Health, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!