Company: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago
OverviewCurrently seeking a dynamic physician willing to roll up
their sleeves as we continue our journey toward value-based care.
The Medical Director will support the CIN in striving to
continuously improve care delivery, create value for our patients
and providers, and achieve goals that ensure the long-term success
of our organization. The CIN is working on clinical integration to
improve the efficiency and effectiveness of care provided to the
patients and families we serve.
The Medical Director will provide clinical expertise and leadership
in quality improvement for the Lurie Children s Clinically
Integrated Network (CIN).They will work with the CIN Executive
Director, Director of Operations and CIN Board/Committee Chairs to
set the clinical goals and priorities of the CIN, to develop or
select metrics related to quality and professional practice, and to
clearly articulate the values and direction of the CIN.
This is a part-time role requiring a minimum of 48 hours a pay
- Directs the medical management, care coordination and quality
improvement activities of the CIN and monitors all reports,
information summaries, relevant publications, and clinical,
utilization, and financial data related to these activities.
- Leads the planning, development, and implementation of
strategies for improving health outcomes, quality care delivery and
cost containment in conjunction with the Medical Management &
Credentialing Committee of the CIN Board.
- Engages and maintains relationships with private-practice
physician leaders in the community.
- Engages and maintains relationships with the Chief Medical
Officer and Chief Quality Officer of Lurie Children s
- Participates in community outreach efforts to educate and
engage physicians around clinical integration activities for
- Participates in the development and execution of payer
contracting strategies in cooperation with the CIN Executive
Director and other staff of the CIN and member organizations.
- Communicates with colleagues, Lurie Department Chairs, Lurie
and medical practice administrative leadership, and legal and
regulatory entities to champion the initiatives of the CIN.
- Manages CIN senior clinical staff in cooperation with the CIN
- Facilitates the review of quality and efficiency metrics to be
applied to physicians participating in the CIN and leads the
development of recommended performance thresholds for
incentive-based payments based on selected metrics
- Leads periodic reviews of existing metrics and proposes new
metrics to be implemented for the CIN, based on organizational,
clinical, and market-driven priorities.
- Oversees the development of Health Information Management
programs intended to develop and disseminate tools and resources
needed by physicians to further the clinical and operational goals
of the CIN.
- Leads and facilitates Clinical Management Forums to foster
collaboration between participating CIN physicians.Qualifications
- Medical Degree is required with board certification in a
- Must have (or acquire) an active, valid and unrestricted
license to practice medicine in Illinois.
- Experience with quality assurance, utilization management, and
care coordination/case management, ideally in a managed care
- Thorough understanding of governmental regulations that relate
to and affect clinical integration activities.
- Experience with integration of clinical and financial data,
development of utilization and performance reporting tools, and
communication of performance data to physicians and other
healthcare providers preferred.
- Progressive executive level management experience
- Experience with promoting physician leadership
- Executive presence
- Acknowledged clinical leadership within specialty and system
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be
able to negotiate and/or communicate with a wide variety of
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building consensus with
colleagues. Strong understanding of clinical quality and clinical
- Experienced with direct facilitation of clinical and
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago 1420 Spring
McLean, VA 22102
Keywords: Association of Clinicians for the Underserved, Chicago , Medical Director, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!