Senior Director, External Communications
Company: Adtalem Global Education
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Director, External Communications The Senior Director,
External Communications is responsible for the development and
implementation of Adtalem Global Education's external
communications strategy, leading all external stakeholder
communications, reputation management and key public affairs
initiatives with a focus on alignment with Adtalem's overall
strategic messaging and reputation management.--Reporting to
Adtalem Global Education's Vice President, Global Head of
Communications, the Sr. Director, External Communications is a
strategic leader with deep experience in reputation management,
public affairs and corporate communications. In this role, s/he
will manage a team of communications professionals, both direct and
indirect across the organization as well as outside agencies and
other resources to drive the enterprise external communications
strategy and enhance and protect the company brand.
Responsibilities Communications Strategy and Leadership
- Develops and oversees execution of an integrated external
communications plan, directly managing proactive communications
strategy and activities that advance Adtalem Global Education's
reputation and brand among key external stakeholders.
- Creates a public relations strategy that will allow Adtalem
Global Education to cultivate meaningful relationships with
targeted, high-level external audiences, including media and key
- Provides strategic communications counsel and leadership to
Adtalem Global Education's CEO, executive leadership team and
institution leaders positively positioning the organization and its
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues faced by the
organization; works with Vice President, Global Communications and
teams across Adtalem Global Education institutions to recognize and
deliver solutions to communication risks and opportunities.
- Serves as an ambassador for the organization, building
constructive relationships with external--stakeholders.
- Works closely with Government Relations, Compliance, Investor
Relations and Communications teams at the institutional level to
ensure positive and consistent messages to all external
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous
improvement; supports and demonstrates Adtalem Global Education's
- Oversees the development of all Adtalem Global Education and
Institution external communications.
- Directs the activities and oversees ROI of all external
communications consultants/vendor relations.
- Exercises judgment in prioritizing media strategy and
opportunities, directing and preparing talking points and key
messages, speeches, executive-level presentations.
- Serves as spokesperson and lead point person on media
interactions that help promote or impact the organization.
- Leads the external Adtalem Global Education communications
team, also has indirect management responsibility for Adtalem
Global Education institutions' press, media management.
- Directs external communications strategy for all institutions
within the company's to key vertical markets, Healthcare and
Financial Services, ensuring a leading position in share of voice
among all competitors.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the external
communications function including budgeting, planning and colleague
- Establishes and monitors team performance and development
goals, assigns accountabilities and objectives, establishes
priorities, conducts annual performance appraisals and compensation
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related
field is required, an advance degree is preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the communications business,
with special emphasis on media relations, digital/social and
crisis/issues management. Experience in Higher Education a
- Experience in strategic communications leadership, including
the development and implementation of comprehensive communications
programs and reputation management.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building
relationships with top-tier media, and in successfully positioning
subject matter experts with the media to achieve high-impact
- Experience leading and developing successful teams, reporting
directly and indirectly (on a centralized and decentralized
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Energetic, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can
positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Extensive writing and editing experience; strong writing,
critical thinking, creative and organizational skills.
- Experience working with all levels of management, including
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical professional as
well as a strategic thinker and leader.
EEO We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we
welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace. Who We Are
At--Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and
members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring
contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading
workforce solutions provider that partners with organizations to
proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career
development with access to world-class academic curriculums,
certifications and training programs across the medical and
healthcare and financial services industries. Adtalem institutions
and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School
of Medicine,--Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering
Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University,
EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine
and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine.--(NYSE: ATGE;
member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please
visit--adtalem.com . Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion We pride
ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring
their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion
needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don't just welcome
differences, we celebrate them.--#WeAreAdtalem To learn more about
our commitment to--Diversity and Inclusion,-- click here --to visit
our Diversity page. The trademarks / service marks used herein are
owned by Adtalem Global Education or one of its subsidiaries /
Keywords: Adtalem Global Education, Chicago , Senior Director, External Communications, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!