Strategy Senior Manager
Company: Merkle Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global
performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of
unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and
devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading
nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the
value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data,
technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched
skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based
marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media,
customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and
enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results
and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is
headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices
throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the
Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at
1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com . Job Description: The
Customer Strategy Senior Manager joins a team of talented and
experienced consultants and marketers focused on helping Merkle
clients accelerate their level of marketing maturity through
data-driven, customer centric programs, people/processes and
technology platforms. The Senior Manager operates as a key member
of our consulting team helping to ensure that the recommendations
we deliver are based on our deep understanding of our client's
business and strategic objectives. You must also show the ability
to build strong relationships in order to become a trusted advisor
to the client and Merkle team.--This role requires you to be
analytical as well as creative in your thought process and have the
ability to be nimble in your thinking about client problems. As a
key leader inside of a team you must also demonstrate the
capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present
and follow that belief through to execution. At Merkle "Strategy"
means a key idea that is informed, executable and provides results.
Those ideas need to be applicable to a variety of client scenarios
and must cross any service that is necessary to achieve the client
objective. As a Senior Manager in the Customer Strategy team you
must have demonstrate experience in planning and designing
transformation strategy that span media and channels to generate
measurable ROI and have the ability to work across multiple of our
core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit,
Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High
Tech) The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong
passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how
businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced
understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology
play in this relationship. Candidates must possess the ability to
identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic
recommendations to support the growth of client relationships. Key
- Drive a compelling customer-centric, data-driven point of view
to help clients better leverage customer insights across functions
- Lead consulting projects that leverage core Merkle capabilities
in technology, data, analytics and agency services.
- Optimize clients' customer relationship through customer
journey mapping, customer insight development, customer-centric
capability assessments and blueprints, transformational roadmaps
and value case development, process redesign, and organizational
- Facilitate and drive client meetings and discussions, defining
project objectives and approach, managing day to day delivery
- Support business development activities including
identification, proposal development, and other pursuit
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client
contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of
best-practice solutions, skills, capabilities, and original
- Manage team members to deliver strategy projects correctly and
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle
teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.),
and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel
- Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of
our approach and strategy on the client's business. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-10 + years of hands-on consulting experience in integrated
marketing strategy, Digital Marketing, eCommerce, Operating model
design and execution, Campaign design and measurement
- 3+ years working in a top tier consulting firm and/or CRM
- Proven track record of developing end to end campaign planning/
design and execution and operating model/organization design.
- Experience with assessing and recommending optimal team and
process structures to facilitate integrated program execution,
including familiarity with the application of Agile methodology to
- Hands-on skills using data and research to drive decisions.
Knowledge of data and analytics strategy is required.
- Working knowledge of design thinking, customer journeys,
service design and customer experience.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication
skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable
marketing recommendations and presentations - proficiency in
- Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and
external feedback on an iterative basis.
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify
new business and marketing opportunities.
- Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and
- Must have superior multi-tasking, networking, time management
and inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination,
and persuasion skills.
- Problem solving mindset and thrives in ambiguous and fast
moving environments, and in informal, loosely structured and
creative work environments.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed
organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
- Experience across multiple industries is a plus, with specific
experience in Retail, Financial Services, Wealth Management, Health
or Life Sciences strongly desired Additional Information: At
Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a
community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of
growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need
this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced
industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of
experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define
industry-leading solutions and support our goal of being a great
place to work. Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still
studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a
career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status
quo and grow your career at Merkle.
Keywords: Merkle Inc, Chicago , Strategy Senior Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!