Chief Controller / CFO
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Leader Automotive Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of
AutoCanada, a publicly traded company. Leader Automotive is
AutoCanada's first footprint into the U.S. market and we currently
have 9 dealerships consisting of 15 different franchises and
approximately 500 employees. We have a strong presence in the
Chicagoland area with 7 dealerships and 2 more located in central
Illinois. We are searching for talented individuals as we begin a
new and exciting legacy into the U.S. market. Our U.S. Operations
is looking for an experienced accountant to take on the role
of--Chief Controller / CFO. Reporting to the US President and
working closely with the Dealer Principal/General Managers, you
will lead a team of 3 Controllers, overseeing the operational
accounting of the dealerships to ensure that financial processes,
controls and policies are fully understood and followed and that
operational budgets are achieved. Your Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee or perform tasks to ensure that financial functions are
reconciled monthly including (but not limited to): cash, accounts
receivables, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payables,
manufacturer statements, payroll administration, vehicle deal
commissioning, inter-company accounts.
- Meet all monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines as required by
Head Office and the Dealer Principal/General Managers including:
monthly reconciliations, monthly and quarterly reporting, covenant
calculations, ConSept reporting, financial analysis, year-end
- Review dealership financial statements reports and quarterly
binders to ensure consistency and compliance with policies and
- Monitor the dealership's actual vs. forecast results to ensure
that issues are identified and corrected on a timely basis.
- Perform quarterly dividend planning, involving in-depth
understanding of banking agreements, shareholder agreements, and
- Work closely with the Dealer Principal/General Managers, the
executive team and Head Office to ensure all their financial and
accounting needs are met and relevant analysis is performed.
- Be heavily involved in the integration process with the
accounting departments for new dealerships to ensure compliance
with Head Office accounting policies, controls, reporting timelines
- Communicate the status of budgets regularly to stakeholders,
identify risks and contribute ideas for controlling expenses.
- Oversee the review and maintenance of all dealership
- Accountable for the arranging of financing for leasing
- Lead, mentor and coach the Controllers, including planning,
assigning, scheduling and reviewing of work, ensuring quality
standards are met.
- Accountable for hiring, terminating, reviewing performance and
administering corrective action plans to associates when
- Fully accountable for the training process and ongoing
development of new Controllers to ensure understanding and
compliance with the accounting DMS, accounting policies, controls,
reporting timelines and procedures.
- Drive continuous communication with Controllers (in-person
store visits, phone calls, conference calls, emails, video calls,
- Attend and present relevant content and information at group
and leadership meetings.
- Support Controllers and their associates with all Head Office
requests and projects to ensure timely and accurate implementation
- Provide leadership and support to ensure the team is successful
in achieving goals and objectives.
- Promote professional development within a team environment
ensuring associates are held accountable.
- Celebrate team successes and cultivate a positive culture of
- Review and monitor dealership compliance with Head Office
accounting policies, procedures and controls, to ensure consistency
among all dealerships. Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Completion of Bachelor of Commerce or Master's degree in
accounting from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Designated as a CPA.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in an accounting
capacity at a dealership.
- Prior experience in an accounting oversight role is also
- Must have previous experience building and mentoring a strong
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting theories, concepts and
practices and the ability to navigate complex, difficult and/or
- In-depth understanding of accounting standards (IFRS GAAP) and
- Must possess the expert knowledge required to make decision
related to implications of tax, risk, cash flow management, and
- Previous experience working for a publicly traded company and
an understanding of the procedures and practices required to
produce accurate reports and meet reporting timelines, would be
- Knowledge of Ignite, CDK, Reynolds and Reynolds and Tableau
computer systems would be considered an asset.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and
conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills combined with the
ability to interact and gain the support of senior leadership and
other decision makers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage priorities, perform a variety of tasks and
meet required deadlines and targets
- Results-driven and career focused individual with an
entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to be successful.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Must have expert excel skills and be highly skilled in other
standard office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Experience working with Case-ware is considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving
history. Apply Now! We offer competitive total compensation,
meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative
environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for
growth and advancement. We thank all applicants for their interest;
however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We
are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive
culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications
from all qualified individuals. BCBS Health & Wellness
Discounts/Programs Life Insurance 401(k) Paid time off / Vacation
Employee Vehicle Purchase Policy Above Average Industry Pay
Publicly traded organization / stability-- We are an equal
opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Apply for
Chief Controller / CFO First name Last name Email address Phone
number I would like to receive updates about my application via SMS
Address (optional) City (optional) State/Province Were you referred
by anyone? Yes No Please add your resume 10MB limit; .pdf, .doc,
and .docx file types are accepted. ATTACH FILE Please add your
cover letter (optional) 10MB limit; .pdf, .doc, and .docx file
types are accepted. ATTACH FILE Other Information Do you have a
legal right to work for any employer in the United States? Select
Signature and Verification I certify that answers given herein are
true, accurate, and complete to the best of my knowledge. I
authorize investigation into all statements I have made on this
Form as may be necessary for reaching an employment decision. In
the event I am employed, I understand that any false or misleading
information I knowingly provided herein or in subsequent interviews
may result in discharge and/or legal action. I understand that this
Career History Form is not the sole basis from which a hiring
decision has been made, and understand that this Form will be used
in conjunction with a series of interviews and assessments to
determine my suitability for the role to which I am applying. Full
Name Date: 1/16/2021 Please contact us if you would like to better
understand our data collection and usage policies.
Keywords: Hireology, Chicago , Chief Controller / CFO, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!