Vice President, Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE
Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Posted on: February 25, 2021
location CHICAGO, Illinois, country United States of America
category Facilities Maintenance
- Same Job available in 3 locations Job Title Vice President,
Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE) Job Description
Summary The VP, HSSE will be responsible for directing the
development, support, deployment, monitoring and review of
standards and management systems for Health, Safety, Security,
Environment & Risk Assessment (HSSE) across Cushman & Wakefield in
Providing quality, timely and professional subject matter expertise
and business support to ensure that a safe, sustainable, efficient
and legally compliant work environment is established at all
Direct the development and deployment of HSSE programs and
management systems to ensure compliance with company and
legislative obligations. Provide direction to executives, senior
and line management, contract management, and other personnel to
ensure operations are sustainable and comply with group directives,
as well as national and international legislation and client
* Health and Safety
* Honesty & openness in communication
* Outstanding customer service
* Continuous improvement and innovation Job Description Essential
- In consultation with appropriate stakeholder groups, direct the
design, development, deployment, monitoring & review of HSSE
systems, processes and programs
- Ensure integration of HSSE systems, processes and programs with
Cushman and Wakefield operations, our clients' expectations, and
- Develop, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, plans and
strategies to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and
deliverables as negotiated with and set by the global leadership
- Directs the implementation, monitoring, and review of HSSE
systems through yearly governance plans, audits and inspections,
and management systems reviews.
- Monitors compliance with all applicable federal, state and
local legislation and codes governing environmental health and
safety regulations and guidelines.
- Assesses HSSE risk potential of existing operations and new
- Develops and deploys incident investigation
programs/procedures, including data analysis and incident
prevention (loss control) programs and procedures.
- Directs HSSE education/training efforts for all levels of
employees, including supervision and senior management.
- Responsible for conducting on-site HSSE audits/reviews of
Regional sites/accounts within North America.
- Monitors and facilitates the reporting of HSSE performance
across the organization and supports the development and
implementation of Regional Safety Improvement Plans.
- Direct design and deployment of the HSSE portions of the
training programs, Incident Management System and Audit/Inspection
- Monitors and reports on relevant changes in applicable OHS
(Occupational Health & Safety) and environmental
regulations/requirements related to Cushman & Wakefield
- Directs industrial hygiene, occupational and general safety
programs to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with
- Responds and provides direct assistance to sites in emergency
- Supports relationships with clients and other stakeholders for
purposes of HSSE systems interface and deployment.
- Support Regional HSSE Managers (RHM) in their efforts to
deliver HSSE performance and compliance reports to Operations
- Articulate and live the Cushman & Wakefield culture by being
present in the workplace, setting an example by modeling the
required behaviors in the workplace, and hold others (employees and
peers) accountable for their actions by identifying and acting on
behavior which is inconsistent with agreed-upon standards.
- Work safely and not put themselves or others' health or safety
at risk by their acts or omissions.
- Comply with Cushman & Wakefield Environmental policies, adhere
to procedures and work instructions that are relevant to their
activities and operate in a manner that will minimize any adverse
environmental impacts associated with their activities.
- Comply with Cushman & Wakefield Code of Conduct and operate in
an ethical manner. Key Measures of Performance
- Meet Key Performance Indicators and Deliverables as negotiated
with and set by President annually.
- Develop and implement operational HSSE systems applicable to
- Ensure the systems are being adhered to through a rigorous
auditing and inspection regime.
- Develop an understanding of Key Client functioning and
customize the HSSE function to support their needs.
- Establish Client communication system for reporting and meeting
- Create a sound and sustainable recommendations from systematic
and structured investigative root cause analysis processes
- Support the new Contractor management system, including
auditing and inspections, for ensuring a safe environment for
works. Position Dimensions Ensuring HSSE systems and support
structure and resources are in place for the entire business
portfolio, including key client base.--A scheduled and planned
visitation structure is implemented to deliver "Time in Field"
expectations as operational requirements demand, but a minimum of 4
visits per month cycle to site locations, including the conduct of
site inspections. Key Interactions
- One Services Management
- Global Occupier Services Management
- Asset Services Management
- C&W Services, Vice President HSSE
- Global and Regional HSSE Management
- Legal Department Personnel
- Site/account HSSE Teams
- Contractors and subcontractor chain
- Clients Qualifications & Technical Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or science
- Relevant HSSE or equivalent qualifications/certifications,
e.g., BCSP, CSP, CIH.
- 15 years' experience in related HSSE systems/audit management
- Demonstrable success in directing/managing HSSE Systems
- Subject Matter Expertise in HSSE Systems, OHS compliance
strategies, and relevant US regulations, as well as International
- Well versed in OSHA legislation and regulation, including
- Well-developed research and report writing skills.
- Sound Investigative skills and experience with regulatory
- Sound OHS/management systems auditing skills, including formal
- Ability to implement and enforce systems and best
- Ability to manage projects and conflicting priorities.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be sensitive to and understand local
- Planning, organizing and time management skills to effectively
establish the priority and scheduling of work tasks and projects to
ensure work priorities are completed on time and within budget
- Conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills to enable the
identification of issues and the judgment to determine appropriate
courses of action for achieving long-range organizational
- Initiative to identify and ensure that appropriate actions are
taken to achieve goals
- Travel as required throughout the USA and Canada and regionally
as required, estimated to be -30%.Cushman & Wakefield provides
equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not
be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative--- Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Email
This Job To access this job from another computer, Email this
information to yourself. Cushman & Wakefield will never ask for
payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process
applications or visas, ask you to pay costs or otherwise request
bank account information or any other financial information during
the recruiting process. Never provide financial information or send
money to anyone suggesting that they can provide employment at
Cushman & Wakefield. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent
request, please contact CWPhishing@cushwake.com . Cushman &
Wakefield takes this matter seriously and is working closely with
the appropriate parties to effectively address these issues Fueled
by ideas, expertise and dedication across borders and beyond
service lines, we create real estate solutions to prepare our
clients for what's next.
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Chicago , Vice President, Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!