Senior Vice President, Product Management - Food
Company: NPD Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Senior Vice President, Product Management - Food Learn and work
on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in
the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's
most successful brands with leading market research, combining
consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to
interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In
addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to
the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team. Position
Overview The Senior Vice President, Americas Product Management
will lead overall product strategy, planning, and execution for
NPD's market measurement and research products in the Food Sector,
which encompasses the Foodservice and Food and Beverage Consumption
Practices. The successful candidate will lead a team to create and
implement an holistic roadmap including enhancement of existing
products, and development of new services or categories to drive
client impact and delight, and profitably grow NPD's business. This
leader will foster a culture of high performance, collaboration,
and product management discipline to drive achievement of team and
company goals. As a senior leader in the organization, this person
will continuously build relationships and rapport across other
functions in the organization to ensure business alignment and
achieve shared business objectives. Responsibilities
- Proactively engage with clients and internal partners to
understand needs and translate these into explicit product
attributes and value drivers.
- Own a broad understanding of the Food Sector; proactively
anticipate industry and competitive trends.
- Set product vision and strategy in collaboration with
Commercial partners, Product Management leadership, and overall NPD
leadership, capturing input and driving alignment with leaders
- Establish a cohesive, prioritized product roadmap with short,
mid, and long-term strategies to maximize portfolio strength,
maintain market relevance, and outperform competition.
- Set and achieve established revenue and margin goals, and
deliver consistent YoY growth.
- Ensure consistent approaches to fundamental processes including
client discovery, product/market fit assessment, persona
development, business planning, product testing, go-to-market
execution, and product health/financial analysis.
- Set and oversee the development of product pricing strategies
and rate cards for the sector(s), collaborating closely with
Product Pricing and Finance partners.
- Build and lead effective and efficient Product Management teams
by example; serve as a role model by educating, inspiring,
supporting, and motivating team; teach, coach, and develop core
product management competencies. Skills and Other Requirements
- 15+ years of product management experience in market
research/information/analytics services, or other data-driven B2B,
SaaS, or other digital products.
- Software and SaaS experience is a major advantage .
- Foodservice or other Food industry experience is highly
- Direct experience bringing technical products to market and
working across the full product lifecycle.
- Partner with peers and managers across product, business,
sales, and engineering teams.
- Proficiency with Agile development frameworks.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing high performance
product management teams in a collaborative, customer-centric,
profitable growth-driven environment.
- Track record of P&L ownership and management, with the
ability to instill financial and strategic discipline into product
- Able to lead, and manage a full portfolio of current products
and envision new products that reflect client and market needs,
consistent with NPD's strategy and goals.
- Enthusiasm and passion for leveraging technology to deliver
products that solve client problems.
- Articulate and design compelling communication around product
applications and value from a client's point of view.
- Superior communication skills; ability to adapt communication
style to suit different audiences.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree; Master's degree desirable. The
NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
law. Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time R001948 About Us To go back to
the career site, please click here . NPD offers data, industry
expertise, and prescriptive analytics to help our clients grow
their businesses in a changing world.Over 2000 companies worldwide
rely on us to help them measure, predict, and improve performance
across all channels, including brick-and-mortar and e-commerce.We
have offices in 27 cities worldwide, with operations spanning the
Americas, Europe, and APAC.Practice areas include apparel,
appliances, automotive, beauty, books, B2B technology, consumer
technology, e-commerce, fashion accessories, food consumption,
foodservice, footwear, home, juvenile products, media
entertainment, mobile, office supplies, retail, sports, toys,
travel retail, games, and watches / jewelry. For more information,
visit npd.com .--Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup . Why do we ask
you to create an account to apply?-- This lets you see the progress
of your application and track what jobs you have applied for. All
that we will need from you to create the account is your email
address and a password. We respect the privacy of candidates for
employment. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we will use the
information we obtain when you apply for a position through this
career site. If you do not consent to the terms of this Privacy
Notice, please do not submit information to us.
Keywords: NPD Group, Inc., Chicago , Senior Vice President, Product Management - Food, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!