VP Human Resources Retail Apply to This Job
Posted on: February 25, 2021
This leader brings a strong background and interest in joining
the HR leadership team of our high-growth, public company. Our
company has a capable and diverse team of employees across our
manufacturing, retail, and shared services groups who have joined
us through organic growth and acquisition. This is a critical
leadership role to support our Retail team as we look to rapidly
and sustainably scale. You will partner and collaborate with the
People and Retail leadership teams to build and strategically
support the Retail organization (structure, talent, culture) that
aligns to our opportunities. This role will support change
management and coach leaders through process implementation with a
focus on building a high-performance team. You will serve as the
business partner to our Retail Leadership team members and have a
dedicated team of HR Business Partners who are geographically
based. We are looking for someone with both deep and broad business
and HR experience with a track record of developing cultures of
engagement across a highly dynamic and evolving Retail footprint.
Along with demonstrated skills and experience, we are looking for a
leader who welcomes solving challenging problems, has exceptional
business judgment and relationship skills, and enjoys hands-on
connection to the field teams. This position is based at the
Company headquarters in Chicago, IL, with regular travel to our 50+
retail store footprint. Roles
- Inspiring: Open and transparent communicator. Easily connects
with employees at all levels. Inspires action and growth, has
humility and good humor. Generally, comes across as optimistic and
can-do. High EQ.
- Leading Change; Influencer:--Demonstrated capability to support
both teams and individuals through growth. Able to quickly
understand both the intended and unintended consequences of each
decision. Understands how each situation and decision fits into the
- Highly Adaptive: Thrives in environments that are fast-paced
and ambiguous, where priorities can change quickly requiring quick
- Competent and Confident: Brings broad business expertise and
perspective/opinion on people strategy, programs, and practices.
Unafraid to hold a different opinion.
- Initiator and Driver: Brings appropriate focus and urgency to
opportunities without losing sight of the big picture. Maintains
focus on doing the work that matters - delivers high output and
- Coach:--Ability to build trusted relationships, provide
feedback and meaningful support to continuously improve the leaders
and culture. Experience and background in effective training and
development approaches. Active leader - supporting across the
- Relationship- and Bridge-builder: Prioritizes building
relationships and establishing a strategic communication loop
between the Corporate HR to HR Business Partners, Retail leadership
at Corporate and Regional level. Responsibilities
- Partners with the People team leadership to propose and execute
on people initiatives that align across the organization but are
tailored to the Retail business needs and context.
- Serves as the business partner to Retail leadership and the
HRBPs in the field.
- Develops regional HRBPs. Inspires team spirit and cultivates a
process of ideas/wins-sharing for cross-pollination. Influences to
build common process and policies where appropriate (e.g.,
recruiting/interviewing, attendance, discipline, onboarding).
Provides counsel, backup, support.
- Partners with the CPO, Retail leadership and the HRBPs, and
others as needed (e.g., Legal, Compliance) to identify HR
priorities and opportunities to strengthen HR processes including
in these areas: Organizational and workforce planning, culture and
engagement initiatives, recruiting and pipeline management,
onboarding, employee relations, performance management, recognition
programs, compensation, M+A support and acquisition integration,
policies and procedures, labor relations, compliance, training,
benefits. Looks for opportunities to make processes more
strategically meaningful; simplify or automate; benchmark and
- Supports effective leadership development focused on skills
used at our locations.
- Supports and coaches leaders in compliance of regulations.
- Stays close to the Regional teams and proactively identifies
and communicates employee or risk areas to the Retail business and
HR leadership and recommends mitigation or response.
- Provides counsel on escalated employee relations or policy
questions for successful resolution.
- Conducts and documents investigations.
- Directs the annual review process across the retail team.
- 15+ years progressively responsible and hands-on business
experience with premier, market-leading companies. Combination of
large public companies and high-growth organizations, with
experience in Retail, a must.
- Experience in high-growth and dynamic and national Retail brick
and mortar footprint
- Entrepreneurial and pragmatic
- Operationally strong, detail obsessed. Sees the big picture and
understands how things connect. Must be able to operate at both
strategical and tactical levels and appreciates that sorting the
details is a requirement
- Track record of partnering with the leadership team and
- Excellent writing skills - can package ideas simply and
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the
organization's jobs, qualifications, compensation, and
- Enjoys spending time within the stores and engaging and
building relationships with our teams and employees
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and can execute
amid changing priorities
- Natural rapport-builder with exceptional collaboration,
coaching, influencing, and facilitation skills
- Entrepreneurial and innovative, with a client-service and
- Personal commitment to the highest standards of work product,
confidentiality, and integrity
- Proficient in HRIS systems with an ability to quickly adapt to
More Jobs Like This Job No. 647155
VP of People OPS
Job No. 646704
VP of Diversity Equity & Inclusion
Job No. 646689
San Mateo, CA or Remote, US
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Chicago , VP Human Resources Retail Apply to This Job, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!