Associate Director, Product Management
Company: Kirkland & Ellis
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with
offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice
areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to
medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private
equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland
strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our
fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources,
Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers
non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of
functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland
can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and
innovative teams of co-workers. Essential Job Functions POSITION
OVERVIEW The Associate Director of IT Product Management is
responsible for managing the Firm's custom-developed
product/process automation portfolio in a fast-paced, fluid
environment. The individual in this role leads a team of Product
Managers who own and drive all facets of the product lifecycle from
initiation, requirements gathering and prioritization to
deployment, product backlog, release management and quality
control. He/She/They work closely with the Associate Director of
Application Development and other teams to consistently deliver
high value, high quality solutions, on time as the business
dictates, which satisfy documented requirements from sponsors and
stakeholders. Key product lines range from Risk Management to
Knowledge Management, HR/Administration and Finance and leverage
varying platforms from custom .net, to SharePoint and other rapid
development tools, to hybrid platforms geared to legal or
administrative use cases but requiring ample customization. The
individual in this role must be highly organized, be an expert
active listener and communicator, with demonstrated leadership
experience in product management following SDLC processes,
partnering with Application Development and other IT teams to
deliver solutions in an iterative/agile manner for sponsors and
stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, the
- Mentors, manages, recruits and retains top IT Product
Management talent who continuously deliver high quality results for
product sponsors and stakeholders in accordance with Firm strategy
- Works with Director of CR/ITPS and CIO to continuously improve
upon and provide 'best of breed' Product Management lifecycle
processes that are appropriate to Firm size and needs.
- Documents, maintains and instills best practices for Product
Managers including, but not limited to, user stories, business and
technical requirements tracking, product backlogs, and release
- Ensures team members adherence to policies, procedures,
standards, and guidelines for all product releases, including
proper testing, sponsor sign-off and overall quality
- Plans product portfolio at macro and micro levels in accordance
with Firm IT Strategy (Weekly / Monthly / Annually / 3 year
outlook, budgeting, and forecasting).
- Aligns Product Managers to product lines, ensuring quality
applications are deployed to production following the SDLC
methodology, including Change Management.
- Works hand in hand with the Associate Director of Development
to prioritize work, manage resources and remove roadblocks to
ensure timelines are met.
- Leads by example in conducting and driving communication
through daily stand-ups that get all Product Managers and
Developers talking and listening to understand current priorities
and addressing any obstacles.
- Maintains team flexibility, responds quickly and adeptly to
changing priorities from partnership and Sr. Staff to deliver
- Presents to and works with Sr. Staff, Partners and others
across Firm practice and business units on high profile
- Works with the business to understand where automation can
replace manual work and provide value to the firm.
- Seeks to understand and clarify priorities; sets expectations
on product delivery timing with sponsors based on priorities and
- Serves as trusted 'change agent' to drive product and process
improvements directly and through Product Management team based on
Firm needs and priorities.
- Establishes trust and builds relationships within IT and across
business teams within the Firm through active listening,
responsiveness and effective delivery.
- Steps in to lead teams 'to the finish line' on particularly
time-sensitive initiatives that may require additional process
review and validation before go-live.
- Exercises keen judgment on when to escalate issues to senior
management, based on risk and impact.
- Listens to proposed new work/changes and knows what
applications or areas may be impacted, and pulls others in
- Acts as leader who serves by testing and validating to ensure
expected results on high profile, high impact efforts.
- Teams with the Firm's Project Management Office Associate
Director to follow the Firm's IT Strategy and project management
lifecycle for the creation of new product lines. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, mobile devices and multifunction printers. Qualifications &
Requirements Education, Work Experience, Skills
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a business or information
management field such as Information Science, Computer Science,
Engineering, Organizational Development, Library Science, Records
Management, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 10 years blended experience in business analysis,
product and/or project management and delivery adhering to SDLC,
and leading a high performing team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and use of
Microsoft VSTS, Azure DevOps.
- Solid knowledge of practice, financial, marketing, recruiting,
risk and security processes preferably within the legal
- High-level analytical and organizational skills, and the
ability to analyze complex information structures involving
multiple layers of data and workflows.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; proficiency in
adapting communication language and style to varied audiences.
Technologies/Software. Core Technologies
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suite
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft VSTS, Azure DevOps.
- Proficiency in JIRA.
- Experience with SharePoint and/or K2 a plus.
- Experience with applications across finance, risk, HR in law
firm or professional services a plus. Current K&E Technologies
- Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- iManage Work 10, DeskSite
- Citrix /VPN
- IntApp Open and WallBuilder
- 3E Finance system
- ITSM Ticket Management System How to Apply Thank you for your
interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and
submit your resume, please click "Apply Now." All employment
decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training
availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary
actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made
without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex,
pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family
responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender
identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of
residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital
status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from
military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other
basis prohibited by applicable law. Closing Statement The
www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for
candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment
agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP
("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit
candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your
referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct
contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates
is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future
professional relationship with the Firm.
Keywords: Kirkland & Ellis, Chicago , Associate Director, Product Management, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!