Senior Manager, Product Software
Company: Life Fitness
Location: Franklin Park
Posted on: February 25, 2021
An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on
it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people
emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming
from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to
achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives. Inspire.
Innovate. Make an impact and join our team! GENERAL
RESPONSIBILITIES Responsible for leading fitness equipment software
development activities and processes related to on-board controls,
displays, diagnostics, services, and management. Collaborate
closely with Product Management, Service, Operations, Compliance,
Industrial Design, and other Engineering disciplines to extract and
confirm requirements and constraints. Lead software developers in
developing embedded software for motor/generator controls, user
input capture and display management, diagnostics and
communications, exercise logic, and multimedia to deliver requested
functionality on schedule and with consistent, high quality.
Coordinate support for maintenance, improvement, and enhancement
releases as required for products in field use. Hire, coach,
manage, and mentor developers to continuously enhance the team's
capacity, capability, and quality. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate closely with Product Management on requirements and
- Prepare budgets, resource estimates, and schedule estimates for
- Track and maintain budget and controls.
- Manage and coordinate activities of software team.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports.
- Mentor and coach engineers to support individual and
organizational growth and development.
- Ensure prompt response to factory, field, and service issues;
assign and manage priorities.
- Conduct and report on design reviews.
- Develop and present innovative ideas for product and process
- Align processes and tools with other teams (including test,
web, and mobile).
- Manage continuous improvement and institutionalizing of best
practices in software engineering.
- Provide expert guidance to project teams.
- Lead design of firmware using primarily C and C++ in Linux,
RTOS, and bare metal environments.
- Make technical feasibility assessments and
- Work closely with Software Quality Assurance to ensure product
- Track and manage defects/issues to accepted resolution.
- Regularly report program and issue status and forecast updates
to senior level executives. REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or related discipline
- 12+ years of experience in software development roles
- 6+ years of experience building and leading high-performance
software engineering teams
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation
- Experiential knowledge of software engineering tools: source
control, configuration management, defect tracking, content
planning, integration, and deployment
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaborative product
- Leadership history in Agile Scrum and/or "Agile-fall"
development environments DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Relevant Master's degree (Engineering, Business,
- Ability to contribute technically when necessary in software
development, particularly in configuration and build control
- High comfort level with relevant
frameworks/environments/toolsets including: Atlassian Jira, Git,
Fisheye, Confluence, Jenkins, Yocto, QT, TestRail, Debian Linux,
FreeRTOS, Cross-compilers for TI, Freescale, and ARM processors,
GCC, Eclipse, BSPs, RPMSG, APIs, Kernel services, ---
- Experience leading development in Agile software processes
interfacing to phase-gate program processes
- History of driving process improvement and organizational
- Knowledge of the fitness industry and cardio exercise
- Understanding of IoT device management and security
- Experience developing embedded product software within a
manufacturing organization Want to take the next step in your
career? Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and
believe in providing opportunities for further growth and
advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your
limits and unleash your potential. If you feel the open position
you see is right for you, we invite you to apply. Life Fitness does
not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved
staffing agencies or vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled EEO is The Law - click
here for more information For more than 45 years, Life Fitness has
been the global leader in helping inspire healthier lives.
Headquartered in Rosemont, IL, our family of brands include Cybex,
Hammer Strength, Indoor Cycling Group, Scifit and Brunswick
Billiards. With seven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities,
our products can be found in over 160 countries and 250,000 fitness
Keywords: Life Fitness, Chicago , Senior Manager, Product Software, Executive , Franklin Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!