Director of Finance
Company: Miller, Cooper & Co., Ltd.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our client, Anshe Emet Synagogue, is seeking a pro-active,
hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for
finance and accounting (Director of Finance).
Anshe Emet Synagogue is a sophisticated, urban congregation with a
diverse, multi-generational membership. To learn more, visit
- Reporting to the Executive Director.
- Work onsite in Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago.
- Manage a bookkeeper, but also work closely with department
heads to manage department revenue and expenses.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial
reports, for the purpose of management and oversight by the
Executive Director, the Board of Directors, Finance and Investment
Committees and department heads.
- Oversee accounts payable/expenses, accounts receivable/revenue,
and review bi-monthly payroll for accuracy.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and attend meetings of the
Finance, Investment/Endowment Committees, and the Board of
Directors, as required.
- Develop and manage the budget for all areas, for review and
approval by the Board of Directors.
- Provide financial analyses and reports for the purpose of
forecasting, cash flow management, facilities cost management, and
others as needed.
- Oversee the annual review internally, prepare associated
schedules, and liaises with external auditors.
- Develop and maintain all internal financial controls and
- [HR Duty] Manage onboarding of new employees, including
enrolling in health insurance.
--- Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or related field
required. CPA preferred.
- 3 years' experience with increasing responsibility. Supervisory
and/or additional experience preferred.
- Nonprofit experience highly desirable. Understanding of
restricted funds, required.
- Proficient with MS Office, QuickBooks, and Salesforce.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, required.
- An understanding of grants management as it relates to
compliance and reporting.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which
allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple
Keywords: Miller, Cooper & Co., Ltd., Chicago , Director of Finance, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!