Director, Capital Project Sourcing
Company: Mauser Packaging Solutions
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Director, Capital Project Sourcing in Oak Brook, IL at Mauser
Packaging Solutions Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader
in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing
large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging
worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal
care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals,
agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its
four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser
Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at
scale. The Capital Project Sourcing Director should be capable of
leading and executing procurement activities for large capital
investment projects critical to company success. Execute global
capital category strategy, establish and implement
contracts/agreements at global, regional or local level.
- Provide support to global sourcing team serving as an expert in
the field of Capital Procurement.
- Work closely with project team to develop and execute
procurement strategy that supports the project objectives and
delivers value to MPS.
- Use a combination of global, regional, and local sourcing
strategies to identify and qualify suppliers who can best support
the immediate project and MPS's long-term success.
- Execute sourcing activities and events including RFI, RFP, bid
evaluation, and contract negotiations for professional services,
equipment, materials, and construction scopes of supply.
- Develop negotiation strategies that deliver value.
- Build contracts that provide clear guidance during project
execution, incentivize project success, and effectively manage
- Track and report progress of the procurement function for
- Ensure supplier management and quality control processes are in
place and being followed.
- Lead effective communication, coordination and cooperation
amongst the project team and between other company functions or
business unit leaders and senior management.
- Builds and develops relationships with key stakeholders across
- Follow global/regional purchasing policies and procedures in
daily work. Ensure full compliance to Ethics, Sarbanes-Oxley 404,
ISO and Corporate Standards, Values, audit rules, laws, etc. Job
- Expert level knowledge in Capital Procurement and
- Comprehensive understanding of procurement function, contract
types, contract language & design and terms & conditions.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Dispute resolution and claims management experience
- Ability to develop and maintain understanding of the
marketplace for the goods or services and labor required to support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the
ability to provide effective feedback and coaching, with the
aptitude to influence both internal and external team members and
- Advanced presentation skills including the ability to concisely
explain complex topics and multiple data points
- University degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8-10 years procurement experience, including at least 3-5 years
management of capital project experience. Supervisory or management
- Professional certification in Purchasing, Supply Chain, or
Project Management is a plus. Joining our Talent Network will
enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose
to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying
connected with you.
Keywords: Mauser Packaging Solutions, Chicago , Director, Capital Project Sourcing, Executive , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!