Senior Manager, Hardware Validation
Company: Messina Group
Location: Franklin Park
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Messina Group is searching for a Senior Manager, Hardware
Validation for a direct, permanent hire opportunity with our client
in Franklin Park, IL. SENIOR MANAGER, HARDWARE VALIDATION The Sr.
Manager, Hardware Validation guides the overall effort for the
company in matters related to testing and validation of all types
of hardware in diversified products. This position manages
validation activities for all hardware (mechanical and electrical)
designed and produced for the company. In this role, you will
develop or modify objectives for the position as well as guiding
the establishment of objectives for the validation group. You will
continually consider, analyze, and evaluate the impact of
scientific or engineering advances on company programs and
activities, and breakthrough frontier areas to establish new
knowledge and/or approaches to validate proposed designs. This Sr.
Manager, Hardware Validation will report to the VP, Engineering.
- Guides the overall effort for the company in matters related to
testing and validation of all types of hardware in diversified
- Provides expert guidance to upper management and other
- Effectively and clearly communicates to the team, colleagues,
and upper management the results of tests, studies, projects, or
programs in terms of key learnings derived from those activities
and makes recommendations on how to address any design or
manufacturing issues identified in the course of these
- Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside
the organization to enhance and improve internal operations or
capabilities. Initiates or responds with accepted counsel on
subjects outside own direct responsibility.
- Assumes full responsibility for interpreting, organizing,
executing, and coordinating assignments of all personnel in the
- Supervises, trains, coaches, and mentors engineering teams and
individuals within the group on reliability techniques and methods
with the goal of overall improvement of the testing and validation
capabilities of the company.
- Participates and contributes to product design reviews. Acts as
a sounding board for design issues. Indirectly/directly drives
design practice consistency. Drives the use of FMEA's and other
predictive tools. Drives common platform utilization and
- Guides the development of: Efficient test methods, processes,
and fixtures that reduce the test time, have defined acceleration
factors, and produce results that are representative of actual
field reliability results.
- Formulation and recommends specific division and major program
goals (within the framework or established division objectives) to
achieve confidence in the viability of the product design prior to
- Decisions or authoritative recommendations on all technical
matters necessary to assure validation goals are met. Practices
independent leadership and action.
- Is recognized as an expert and is a resource for resolving key
issues relating to validation questions or methodologies.
- Promotes the use of analytical methods and computer simulations
to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the
- Provides engineering services to all product launch teams.
- Selects and promotes the use of analytical and software tools
for failure root cause determination and other reliability-related
- Leads development of accurate warranty cost prediction methods
based on test and service performance data.
- Supports the Legal department with failure and data
- Provides product performance or competitive analysis to
Marketing and upper management
- Reviews and/or performs validation testing on designs produced
for the company--by outside partners.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict
resolution within the validation group and between the validation
group and other functions.
- Evaluates the effect of various cleaning agents or other
environmental factors on finishes, product labeling, and
Keywords: Messina Group, Chicago , Senior Manager, Hardware Validation, Executive , Franklin Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!