Posted on: November 22, 2021
As the most visible and senior member of the local team, the
General Manager will oversee all facets of the community's
operations to achieve occupancy and income goals while adhering to
all Company Residential policies, applicable laws and ordinances
including Fair Housing and Equal Employment laws. They will also
ensure the community is maintained in a manner consistent with
established standards and objectives.How you will contribute to our
- Employee Management: You will lead, schedule, coordinate and
supervise all associates/departments within community. You will
manage employment cycle-recruitment, selection, hiring,
orientation, training and development, performance management and
coaching in accordance with company policy and procedure. You will
ensure that the community is adequately and appropriately
- Financial Management: You will prepare, implement and meet the
annual operating and capital budgets/forecasts for the community.
You will also be responsible to complete required reports,
including monthly, quarterly leasing, variance and capital
reporting. You will also oversee Accounts Receivable ensuring that
all rents are collected in a timely manner; and you will oversee
collection and demand processes in accordance with local law,
including the eviction process when necessary.
- Resident Retention: You will think creatively about ways to
engage residents through ongoing programs and promotions designed
to increase satisfaction and minimize resident turnover.
- Leasing and Sales: You will motivate, engage, and inspire your
local leasing team to exceed occupancy expectations for the
property. This will also include oversight of the lease renewal
program and documentation process.
- Property Inspections and Maintenance: You will perform regular
property inspections to ensure compliance with established
standards regarding the grounds, risk management, safety,
cleanliness and general appearance. You will work with your Service
Manager to document, identify, develop, and execute/monitor
preventive maintenance schedules.
- Oversee Capital Projects and Maintenance: You will also oversee
capital improvement projects and run the appropriate bid process
for any improvement work. You may also collaborate directly with
our Capital Project team should there be any significant
renovations or unit rehabilitation work.
- Compliance: You will ensure compliance with the company's
safety programs. Additionally, you will monitor resident selection
criteria in accordance with federal and state regulations. You will
ensure that your community adheres to all local and state laws,
including all laws governing Fair Housing. Ensure compliance with
all applicable ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), and Section
504 (FHAA) regulations.
- Overall: You'll be an excellent teammate who helps create and
deliver organizational goals, including sharing best practices on
process improvement, refining and introducing new Standard
Operating Procedures (SOP's).What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You've "been there, done that". Our ideal candidate has a
minimum of two (2) years' experience in property management and
one-year leadership experience or equivalent in a residential
community setting. Experience with a larger real estate investment
firm is considered a competitive advantage.
- You have some credentials. We require a High School Diploma or
equivalent. A Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business
Administration, Management or other relevant degree is strongly
- You're a great communicator. You easily manage relationships
and build rapport with others, and you're a pro at motivating
others. You have good presence when conducting onsite tours with
owners, investors, and residents alike. You also excel at keeping
everyone informed and on the same page.
- You know how to hire, retain, and develop others. You can
manage human resources concerns at the site level, and you have a
sharp eye for hiring, engaging and retaining top talent. You also
know how to engage and inspire others to do their best work, and
you are a creative partner to your leasing teams.
- You're a numbers person. You are a whiz at financial reporting,
and you understand the importance of timely, accurate metrics. You
also have a proven track record in managing Accounts
- You're entrepreneurial. You are a creative go-getter who wants
to build a strong community while challenging the status quo to
meet the needs of both our company and our residents.
- You're very tech savvy. You'd consider yourself an advanced
user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- You like change; you really like change. You can easily adapt
as the situation warrants, and you are able to focus on multiple
deadlines and change as the demands and fast pace requires. You
also possess very strong project management skills, juggling big
and small tasks alike.
- You're a task master. Your time and project management skills
are very strong, and you have the ability to focus on the smallest
details while keeping the larger process running effectively to
meet and juggle tight deadlines.
- You're a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing
with Resident and Associate concerns, and you work to resolve them
quickly, never losing sight of the criticality of customer
Keywords: ExecuNet, Chicago , General Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!