Assistant Director of Operations
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What you'll be responsible for:
You will be responsible for maintaining and helping to develop
systems for IsraelNow eighth grade Israel travel experiences,
working with the Israel Education team on administration of trips
to Israel and local programming, including staff training. You will
also manage social media in collaboration with JUF's Marketing and
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with all IsraelNow operations, including review of
individual applications, tracking registration material, processing
payments, supporting pre and post trip events, serving as initial
point of contact for families, assisting and participating in
program evaluations, and staffing trips at the discretion of
- Oversee and support scholarship process.
- Attend all team meetings, trip interviews, orientations, staff
- Manage and maintain website.
- Build relevant databases.
- As directed by supervisor, assist with Israel Now Education
- Other tasks as needed at the direction of supervisor.
- Support JUF Campaign and mandatory campaign-related activities
on an ongoing basis.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years' experience in program
management or related field.
- A forward thinker with initiative, the ability to work
independently, and strong attention to detail.
- A person who consistently strives for quality and operational
improvements to systems and educational vision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to be
trained in CampMinder, Microsoft Teams, and Salesforce.
- Israel travel experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Chicago area Jewish community
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
What you'll love about us:
JUF is one of the largest non-profit social welfare institutions in
Illinois. We provide food, refuge, health care, education and
emergency assistance to 500,000 Chicagoans of all faiths and
millions of Jews around the world.
Time off: Up to 22 days paid time off, up to 10 sick days, 8 paid
federal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays, and 6 weeks
paid parental leave.
Health Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Prepare for your future: 401(k) plan and a 403(b) plan.
Additional Benefits: Additional health and wellness benefits,
financial benefits, professional training, tuition reimbursement,
and much more.
COVID-19: JUF is currently working remotely for most positions and
will return on a hybrid basis in the near future. JUF requires all
employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they qualify for
an exemption. New hires have 45 days from their hire date to become
Keywords: JUF, Chicago , Assistant Director of Operations, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!