Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The VP, Reinsurance Broker manages all aspects of new, renewal
and prospective business including the marketing and solicitation
of accounts and the preparation/presentation of research, financial
analysis, client and reinsurer presentations, budget and revenue
exhibits, formal documentation execution, management of
What can you expect?
You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities for
various assigned clients in conjunction with the account team. You
should have a broad understanding of the environment in which the
insureds operate and the reinsurance marketplace. You will be
* Maintaining relationships and regular communication with clients
and markets, including the communication of Guy Carpenter
intellectual property (peer studies, market reports). Negotiation
and execution of the clients' placements. Data analysis Building of
market materials for reinsurance placements (Submission, Marketing
* The VP Broker works as part of various account teams providing
support to senior account team members for the strategic direction
of the account.
What is in it for you?
* A Global Company with a strong Brand and strong results to
* Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued
partnership throughout business.
* Employee Resource Groups that provide access to leaders, relevant
volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with
counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
* Social Impact volunteering opportunities available for all
colleagues through a network of colleague and business
* Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits
package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life
insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.
* After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement
per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
* Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and
time to give back to your community.
We will count on you for:
New Business Development
* Develop and present new/renewal/prospective presentations to
clients and reinsurers.
* Produce new clients and design programs for them, establish
relationships through meetings, exhibit professional skills, and
entertain in order to generate revenue.
* Oversee the timely production of appropriate account/program
* Liaise with Guy Carpenter service departments to ensure the
proper level of client service and timely flow of business
* Monitor the follow-up on contract documentation, ensuring the
timely flow of materials.
* Design new programs for clients' needs, placing business with
* Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers,
clients and colleagues.
* Document external correspondence and telephone conversations in
accordance with GC procedures, including where appropriate, GC
Professional Standards guidelines, minimizing the potential for
errors and omissions.
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge of reinsurer capabilities
(product lines, capacity, approvals, etc.), with the help of Market
Information Department, Legal Department, and other departments as
What you need to have:
* Bachelor's Degree is required
* 5 -7 years related experience with the ability to deal with
moderately complex accounts and mid-sized generating clients from
* Interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good
client, reinsurer and internal relationships.
* Excellent verbal and writing skills for complex communications
(presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC
colleagues at many levels.
* Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency,
* Creativity to solve new problems, as they arise.
* Organization and attention to detail.
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well
as company-wide quality initiatives.
* Understanding of clients' business.
* Strong ability to work as part of a team to support clients'
* Assist in client presentations.
What makes you stand out:
* (Re)insurance or other financial services experience
* Drive to work in a collaborative team environment
* Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
* Power BI
* Excellent written and spoken communications skills
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and
reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over
60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful
combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory
services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to
emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter
is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading
professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and
people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130
countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh
McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex
environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh,
Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit
www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter
Keywords: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., Chicago , VP, Broker, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!