Supply Chain Manager
Company: Black Opal Beauty
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Creating and maintaining the company's sales forecast that
aligns with the company's changing sales trends, sales targets, and
- Responsible for all initiating and managing all future
merchandise buys based on historical data.
- Coordinates merchandise flow-through the various channels of
the Supply Chain.
- Maintains primary relationship with cosmetic fill manufacturers
including correspondence, coordination, and planning.
- Manages data related to inventory management in partnership
with back office.--Including:--Item creation/UPC/GTIN.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager, maintains Build of
Materials (BOM) and is responsible for mitigating costs associated
with obsolete inventory/materials.
- Responsible for maintaining weekly inventory reports including
Stock Status, Open PO, and Watch List.
- Is responsible in stock of all sellable inventories.
- Is responsible for minimizing stock outs to maximize sales and
balancing inventory to reduce overstocks.
- Support Product Development Lead in managing item launches
including writing purchase orders, sending samples, facilitating
quotes/pricing, and other support as needed.
- Negotiate with suppliers and manufacturers to keep costs
- Offer suggestions internally/externally to help improve
processes, efficiencies, and lead times.
- Finished Goods COGS management.
- Helps provide key information for decision making.
Secondary Area of Responsibility:--Sales Planning.
- Help create and maintain Sales Forecasts.
- Keep record of and maintain company's margins on
- Makes recommendations for SKU Rationalization and product
- Assist with company Ad Hoc reporting as needed, as it relates
to primary areas of responsibility.
- General management of Operations department
- Manage new suppliers/manufacturers and setting up paperwork and
company profile information.--Other Skills:--3-5 years relevant
experience.--Cosmetic Industry Experience a plus.--Extremely
proficient MS Office experience with specialized experience in
Excel (V-lookups/Pivot Tables/Filter/Sort - this specialized
experience is required and is non-negotiable).--Forecasting
experience.--Retail math experience required; must understand
financial concepts such as profit/loss/gross margin.--Strong
organizational skills and attention to detail.--Able to present
data concisely.--Ability to work and navigate in retailers' portals
and pull data required for supply chain and sales analysis.
This position is temporarily remote due to Covid but will
eventually return to the office.Covid 19 vaccination proof with
booster is required.
Keywords: Black Opal Beauty, Chicago , Supply Chain Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!