Grain Location Manager
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. - We serve agriculture customers and consumers across
the United States and around the world. - Most of our 10,000
employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in
19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.SummaryCHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country
Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Location Manager in
Morris, IL. You must be self-motivated, hard working, have good
time management & organizational skills, able to make decisions,
work independently, and have excellent communication skills, both
verbal and written, and customer focused.Responsibilities
- Manage the operation of elevator according to divisional
objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective
service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a
maximum margin of profit.
- Establish and implement a program of elevator housekeeping,
safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit
- Oversee the accurate weighing, grading, and quality control to
include mixing, blending and moving grain.
- Monitor stored grain condition.
- Monitor the daily long/short position to effectively control
grain handling, storage, and transportation capabilities.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of a
cooperative and CHS business objectives to enhance employee
effectiveness and improve member relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals that are consistent
with long range plans for growth in operation, including facility,
equipment, and personnel.
- Communicate with general manager and appropriate personnel of
consolidated group (other branch managers and department
- Communicate with supervisor and appropriate divisional
personnel (grain marketing, farm supply, credit).
- Utilize personnel within CHS and its divisions to maximize
- Manage the elevator workforce through responsible training and
clear job assignment definition and explanation.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient
performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.Minimum
- 2+ years in Production and/or Operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level
of leadership responsibilities
- Ability to work outdoors in dust and adverse weather conditions
- Ability to travel locally as needed - transportation is
providedCHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance,
Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company
Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability,
Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department
of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
(FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification
full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol
Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that
requires a valid commercial driver 's license (CDL). Candidates
seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor
vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the
FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of
offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify
Keywords: CHS Inc, Chicago , Grain Location Manager, Executive , Romeoville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!