Email Marketing Manager (Volunteer, Unpaid, Part-Time)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Email Marketing Manager (Volunteer)
- Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time,
volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for
paid employment. All positions are remote/work-from-home.
Are you experienced in email marketing? Are you passionate about
making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart
and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in
the public interest? Can you commit 10 hours a week to our mission,
working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse
WhoWhatWhy is seeking an experienced Email Marketing Manager to
join our Digital Marketing team. As an email marketing manager at
our company, you will be responsible for planning and developing
our overall email marketing strategy. You will be responsible for
ensuring alignment with our email campaign framework and overseeing
the campaign process with multiple internal teams.
This is an opportunity to build and advance our email communication
strategy while working with smart and talented individuals who are
committed to producing great journalism in the public interest.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. We
are not left wing, not right wing, and not consensus-seeking; we
report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an
open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep
beneath the surface - and don't back away in the face of pressure
from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not
accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill
out our growing organizational infrastructure.
We value all experience levels. We have among us young students,
vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of
- Develop our email communication strategy and identify proper
approaches to increase viewer engagement, retention, and
- Manage email campaigns for the Digital Marketing Team,
including setup, testing, deployment, and reporting.
- Identify email marketing outreach gaps and design programs to
address the gap with the goal of increasing and improving
- Monitor the latest email marketing trends and learnings and
apply them to the overall email strategy as they align with key
performance indicators (KPIs) and company goals.
- Coordinate with social leads on audience growth, retention
initiatives, and brand awareness strategy.
- Build and maintain email databases, sustain relationships with
email service providers, and stay up to date on platform changes
and/or upgrades that could impact marketing operations.
- 1+ years of marketing experience in an e-commerce and/or
subscription marketing environment.
- Experience with email marketing platforms (i.e., Mailchimp,
Constant Contact, ActiveCampaign, Benchmark email, Pardot,
- Experience with creative briefing and execution
- Experience with creating action plans and completing target
campaigns on schedule.
- Experience with analyzing reports for trends in KPIs and
applying knowledge to campaign direction.
- Knowledge of HTML, CMS, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office
- Highly proficient in web analytics platforms (e.g., Google
Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, Clicky).
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong project management experience and multi-tasking,
prioritization, and organization skills.
- Hands-on team player with collaborative mindset and interest in
moving business goals forward.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can
enhance your professional trajectory.
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis.
- Have fun while you make a difference.
You will be expected to attend your department's recurring
meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask
for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week.
Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a
combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect
everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions.
To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making
clear you are familiar with our mission and work. You should
confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If
there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover
letter to email@example.com.
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam
folders; don't forget to check them. Thank you!
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: WhoWhatWhy, Chicago , Email Marketing Manager (Volunteer, Unpaid, Part-Time), Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!