US Director Commercial Banking - Relationship Manager
Company: BMO Harris Bank
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Address:111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalleJob Family Group:Commercial
Sales & ServiceFacilitates growth initiatives for the Bank through
significant business development and excellent management of key
client relationships. Maintains an outstanding and continuous
record of significant revenue generation from sales and
syndications with diversified industries. Ensures the required
internal control standards, including adherence to audit,
regulatory and compliance policies.
- Leads and executes business development plans to that business
goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new
initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and
- Advises on sales strategy based on a deep understanding of the
market, relevant industry verticals, market competitors, client
needs and business growth opportunities.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analyzing
potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource
requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights
and best practices.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and
integration of data in adherence with data governance
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type,
including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management,
execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Manages the risk of the assigned complex portfolio in a timely
and precise manner.
- Directly manage the annual review process, interim reviews,
specified quarterly reports and resolution of exceptions.
- Maintains accurate documentation and ensure adherence to
prescribed policies and procedures and overall safety of the Bank's
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and
adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Acts as daily sales contact for clients on sales related
questions such as product information, pricing, implementation
timeframes and requirements.
- Gathers data to advance sale process and completes all required
- Assists team in pre-sales activities such as pitch preparation,
client research, preparation of prospect and client files for
- Tracks implementation requests to keep the process on track
- Tracks Internal reports and recommends improvements to sales
support materials based on findings and feedback.
- Compiles pre-call and post call information packages by
accessing internal systems and bank personnel to validate client
holdings, pricing, and volumes.
- Provides research and data gathering to sales team to
facilitate solution to the client's/prospect's business and
- Assists with sales and service administration and processing
ensuring client experience is seamless and opportunities are
identified and met.
- Maintains current client information on Bank system/files to
ensure client history is accurate and complete.
- Ensures accurate billing to clients.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a
specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or
ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be
complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary
degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- If a Credit Qualifiable job, Credit Qualifications and
associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established
- Demonstrated history of successful business development,
including ability to network in external markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry verticals and
market's competitive environment
- Experience in contact negotiations with both clients and legal
- Experience drafting responses to complex RFPs
- Experience with Sales Strategy and Sales referral process
- Risk Management - In-depth
- Sales and Service Management -In-depth
- Relationship Management - In-depth
- Change Leadership - Working
- Conflict Management & Resolution -In-depth
- Resource Planning - Working
- Business Acumen - In-depth
- Financial and Working Capital Understanding - In-depth
- Strategic Thinking - Working
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education,
experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group
collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.We're here to
helpAt BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
the world.As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.To find out
more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .BMO Harris Bank is
committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By
learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through
our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available
on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the
selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your
recruiter.Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept
unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a
candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO Harris Bank,
directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank
property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting
agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency
agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Keywords: BMO Harris Bank, Chicago , US Director Commercial Banking - Relationship Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!