Senior Information Reporting & Architecture Manager
Company: Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to
develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven
to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to
patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting
work, you belong at Astellas! Astellas Pharma Inc. is a
pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70
countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative
science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to
patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet
medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity
enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world.
For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from
certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas'
Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote
work are encouraged to apply. Purpose and Scope: Operational
Improvement & Reporting Excellence is a leader in aligning
functions across M&D organizations in areas which impact
quality management; process management; non-drug initiative
management, including IT components, to support business strategy;
business information reporting and analytics; resource management;
and learning and development. As Senior Information Reporting &
Architecture Manager, this role will be responsible for the
development and execution of data analytics and reporting and
visualization of operational data through collaborative
partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders. The position will
be responsible for the delivery of reliable, actionable data to
internal customers and transform operational data, from either
internal or external sources, into outcomes to answer the right
question at the right time with the right data. The position will
be responsible for delivering standard reporting on projects and
product portfolio to project teams, functions, governance and
external consortiums, as appropriate. The position will work within
defined enterprise and organizational data governance models to
ensure data are consistently utilized in an appropriate manner for
reporting purposes. The position will work with IT to execute any
testing plans needed for system/tool improvement, as applicable.
Essential Job Responsibilities: Accountable for:
- Participating in the design, implementation and maintenance of
key performance indicators across the organization, delivering
regular reports according to schedule.
- Managing the day-to-day reporting needs, implement decisions
made and participate in discussions.
- Create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups of reports and
analytics prior to implementation based on business needs.
- Create and report on performance reporting through relevant
metrics in line with industry standards/best practices and Astellas
objectives, as assigned.
- Generate unique reports for stakeholders as needed.
- Understanding overall business requirements and providing
systems, tools, and data to meet them. When enhancements are needed
to meet business needs this role translates these into project
specifications (in partnership with IT), wins approval for
projects, and drives delivery of projects in partnership with
- Ensuring data meets defined data governance standards either
through the enterprise data governance models or organizational
governance models. When necessary, creating and maintaining data
translation maps and dictionaries when source data is not organized
the same way. Ensures that data translations occur accurately.
- Leading a cross-functional workstream to support business needs
or resolution of complex problems under direct supervision of the
project lead, as assigned.
- Managing and triaging requests for new reports/visualizations
and change requests, as assigned, and execute any testing plans
needed for system/tool improvement and/or implementation.
- Collaborating and negotiating with stakeholders, including
project teams, functions and governance, to ensure the
implementation and use of a streamlined "suite" of reports for
decision-making. Quantitative Dimensions:
- Responsible for evaluating opportunities to improve project and
portfolio analytics and reporting to facilitate decision-making for
the stakeholders supported by the analytics and reporting tools.
The role would support evaluation of operational data including
approximately 200 projects, 600 clinical studies, fiscal year
expenses of > $1 billion oku Yen and approximately 1800
headcount in a given 5-year window.
- Responsible for executing and maintaining excellence in
reporting and analytics, with the right data at the right time to
answer the right question.
- May provide oversight and management of vendors or contractors
working on a project, as applicable. Organizational Context:
- The position reports to the Head of Information Reporting &
- The position may oversee outsourced support.
- The position will work closely with colleagues in Operational
Improvement & Reporting Excellence to
- respond to any gaps or improvements needed in the data model,
process or systems/tools.
- Works cross-functionally with other Astellas groups to develop
and implement excellence in project & product portfolio analytics
and reporting. Qualifications Required:
- BA/BS in related science or business field
- Minimum 8 years in the pharmaceutical industry and/or
management consulting group focused on R&D or clinical
- Experience in use of enterprise-wide data warehousing
options/opportunities and reporting tools/systems, as a business
user not technical/IT user, to facilitate and support the
analytical and reporting capabilities for operational data.
- Knowledge of tools used by pharmaceutical industry to support
collection of business operations data, such as CTMS, SAP,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the global drug development process
and business processes and procedures in clinical drug development,
including portfolio, planning, clinical trial management, cost,
staffing, resource management and/or time tracking areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders to define and
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
skills in English, with an ability to interact at all levels of
- Strong and effective strategic thinker and problem solver with
high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to both
recognize and anticipate problems.
- Ability to both recognize and anticipate problems. Possesses
the ability to translate solutions into viable action plans at a
global level that are effectively disseminated and implemented
through cooperation of stakeholders.
- May require up to 10% international travel. Qualifications
- Location for this position is Northbrook, IL, Leiden,
Netherlands or Tokyo, Japan.
- Understanding of financial and resourcing planning systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with functional
leaders and negotiate solutions in a matrix environment. Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick
time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
- 401(k) match and annual company contribution
- Company paid life insurance
- Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for
- Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
- Referral bonus program Category Medical & Development Astellas
is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of
employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Astellas Pharma US, Inc., Chicago , Senior Information Reporting & Architecture Manager, Executive , Northbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!