RN Case Manager - ER
Company: Hirebridge Organic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout UsWeiss Memorial Hospital has been serving
Chicago's North Side and surrounding communities providing
excellent health care services for over 60 years. We are a 236-bed,
Joint Commission-accredited facility providing a full range of
health care services to meet the needs of our diverse community. We
have grown to better serve our community to include more than 450
doctors representing 42 medical specialties and more than 800
employees, all committed to providing you with personalized care.
We are looking for exceptional people who share our mission and
values to join our team!JOB SUMMARYThis Case Manager is responsible
for the development, planning, coordination, and administration of
functions including activities such as Utilization Review,
Discharge Planning, Social Services and Resource Management,
including daily review of medical records to determine
appropriateness and medical necessity of admissions, continued
hospital stay, and use of ancillary services.JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a Bachelor's or Associate level degree from an
accredited school of nursing.
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse License required.
- CPR Certification
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with the public.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according
to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively
- Must possess crucial thinking skills, effective written and
oral communication skills, strong self-initiative and interpersonal
- Demonstrates the WMH Customer Service Values, which are key in
providing quality service to patients and customers.
- Assists the Medical Staff in conducting an effective Case
- Retrieves data from medical records to determine if medical
necessity or continued stay of patient meets the approved criteria
of the Utilization Review function.
- Refers cases not meeting the criteria to Physician Advisor
and/or the Utilization Review Committee.
- Monitors decisions of Physician Advisor and submit report to UR
- Provides necessary assistance to the Utilization Review
- Establishes and maintains a system to identify "Avoidable
- Collects, analyzes and submits data for presentation to
Utilization Review Committee.
- Submits reports to appropriate review organizations.
- Establishes and maintains criteria for identification and
resolution of problems associated with the Case
Management/Utilization Review Function.
- Prepares status reports as required.
- Coordinates the overall discharge planning and social services
functions, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and the
- Receives client referrals and responds accordingly.
- Assists patients, their families and physicians with post-acute
- Maintains a liaison with community agencies offering services
to discharged patients.
- Maintains rapport with physicians, co-workers, representatives
of other organizations and departments.
- Ensure patients receive recommended follow-up services
throughout the continuum.
- Maintains and files appropriate records.
- Contacts Child Protective Services or Adult Protective Services
with appropriate referrals what fulfill the legal requirements for
- Interprets rules and regulations set by JCAHO, Illinois
Department of Health, and other agencies as applicable.
- Performs additional assignments and tasks as assigned by
- Maintains department and corporate LOS and cost per case
goals.Weiss Memorial Hospital provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Hirebridge Organic, Chicago , RN Case Manager - ER, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!