Director of Nursing ($3,000 Signing Bonus)
Company: Esperanza Health Centers
Posted on: May 16, 2022
New Hires eligible for a $3,000 signing bonus Position purpose: The
Director of Nursing is responsible for the leadership of nursing
departmental initiatives and growth opportunities that impact,
enhance or change the nursing department at Esperanza Health
Centers. This leader will initiate, oversee, and lead nursing
practice through professional development opportunities in
alignment with Esperanza missions and values. In this role
oversight will include, but is not limited to, nursing policy and
procedure, evaluation of nursing programs, patient education, and
continued support of nursing staff. As part of this role, the
director will help to implement Esperanza's Strategic plan
throughout the nursing department. Primary Duties and
Responsibilities: 1. Supervision & Training
- Help to give strategic direction for the nursing
- Determine most strategic deployment of nursing employees across
- Coordinate with medical staff and other departments to ensure
quality nursing care is provided.
- In collaboration with the HR and Operations Departments, helps
facilitate training of other departments (such as medical
- Ensure communication of goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures vertically across the chain of command through meetings,
huddles, and other forms of communication.
- Establish new policies, procedures, and update existing
policies to improve overall standard of care.
- Develop, conduct, and ensure compliance for all staff for
required training related to clinical operations compliance.
- Providing ongoing education classes
- Assess and evaluate all nursing programs, which include but are
not limited to diabetes education, hypertension, hearing aids, and
ACTH stimulation therapy. 2. Clinical Duties
- Provides education to patients with Type 1, Type 2, gestational
diabetes, and uncontrolled hypertension.
- Adjust medications, titrates insulin per protocol, and orders
labs to help patients achieve optimal blood sugar control
- Collaborate with endocrinology and adult medicine providers to
assist patients in achieving individualized goals.
- Identifies, tracks, and manages care for high-risk patients in
collaboration with the entire care team. High-risk patients include
individuals or families with co-morbidities such as diabetes, HTN,
asthma and/or psychosocial issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the
nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning,
implementation, and evaluation.
- Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care, with attention to population-based
measures. Esperanza Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) according to Title 44, Ill. Administrative Code, and Subpart
C Section 750.150. .
1. Nursing degree and current licensure; required. Bachelor of
Science in Nursing (BSN), Preferred. Associate degree acceptable
with relevant experience and training. 2. Currently licensed or
eligible for licensure in the State of Illinois, required 3. Five
or more years of working in clinical setting and prior leadership
experience, preferred 4. BLS CPR card, required 5. Previous
experience working with Latino population, preferred 6. Bilingual
English/Spanish, required Esperanza Health Centers offers benefits
to all its full-time employees: BCBS Medical PPO Plans - Ameritas
Dental - Eye Med Vision -401K- company match - Tuition
Reimbursement up to $5,000 per year-10 Paid Holidays and 21 Days of
Paid Time Off PM21 PI176378818
Keywords: Esperanza Health Centers, Chicago , Director of Nursing ($3,000 Signing Bonus), Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!