Sr Strategy and Business Development Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Sr Strategy and Business Development Manager - FIN001238
Proactively identify, analyze and develop near-term and long-term
growth opportunities for UScellular. Lead a broad array of
strategic analyses, develop data-driven recommendations, and
provide leadership to projects and initiatives in the areas of
business development, corporate development and strategy. Provide
decision support to the Executive Leadership team and to
cross-functional business partners.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and champion new growth
opportunities for UScellular on opportunity size, competitive
landscape, and customer insights.
- Work cross-functionally within USCC to identify and evaluate
opportunities for growth including the assessment of their degree
of alignment with existing and potential strategy.
- Conduct research designed to refine our understanding of the
size and characteristics of potential market opportunities.
- Research and evaluate potential partners UScellular can work
with to achieve business goals of entering new markets, growing
revenue and reducing costs.
- Initiate, develop, and manage partnerships with key
stakeholders (internal and external) at all levels in the
organization, including senior leaders to ensure successful
- Conduct analysis designed to evaluate the relative merits of
organic versus inorganic approaches to driving growth.
- Evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities designed to
support USCC growth objectives including research and due diligence
on potential investments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different strategic partnership
structures (e.g., alliances, joint ventures, corporate venturing)
in supporting growth objectives.
- Develop, design and negotiate deal terms and contract
- Build financial, operating and statistical models to support
corporate and business unit strategic decision making, including
but not limited to market sizing, business cases, and valuation
analysis (e.g., NPV, DCF).
- Develop forward-looking analyses often characterized by a high
degree of uncertainty in the data.
- Develop a knowledge of long-term strategy and planning
initiatives across the functions within the organization.
- Provide decision support to various audiences within USCC
including the Officer/Executive Teams via presentations and/or
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience
in corporate/business development management consulting, financial
analysis, and/or strategic planning.
- Ability to interpret meaningful themes and strategic
implications from both internally and externally sourced
quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and
translate data into actionable information to drive results.
- Ability to employ analytical tools and techniques to develop
creative approaches and new insights to strategic issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstration of a high level of ownership and independent
initiative of assigned projects.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information on a
regular basis - requiring a high level of integrity and
- Ability to function effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Flexible attitude with changing assignments and priorities is
- Familiarity with financial valuation techniques (e.g.,
discounted cash flow)
- Wireless industry knowledge
- Experience with data query/analysis and data presentation
toolsJob : Finance
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL U.S. Cellular - is an EEO
employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without
regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender
identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or
Keywords: UScellular, Chicago , Sr Strategy and Business Development Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!