Associate Manager, Material Approval Process (MAP)
Location: Highland Park
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to
develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven
to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to
patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting
work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting
business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are
committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that
bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our
focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business
with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of
people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas,
please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from
certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas'
Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote
work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
This position manages portions of the MAP (Material Approval
Process) for commercial marketing materials, initiatives, projects,
and processes. The individual promotes a high sense of
collaboration with both internal and external partners, across
multiple functional areas of responsibility. Key responsibilities
include ensuring all promotional development and approval related
processes are completed accurately, in a timely manner, and in
compliance with Regulatory and Legal standards in MAP. This
position must be able to lead change and lead project development
and implementation for continual process improvements, perform as
project manager for larger cross functional initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Be able to assist the MAP Manager/MAP Director to lead and manage
the promotional Material Approval Process (MAP), from early-stage
project development through review, production, and final
distribution. Including document flow, workload volumes, process
performance management and issue resolution related to MAP.
* Execute Astellas high performance and ethical expectations
consistently while promoting a high sense of collaboration.
* Ensure all promotional development and approval related processes
are completed accurately, in a timely manner, in compliance with
* Lead and ensure a clear and concise MAP and Veeva
Training/Onboarding process is established, and implemented for
* Partner proactively with management in MAP, Commercial, Medical,
Regulatory, Compliance, IT to explore/identify issues or
opportunities relevant to: process efficiencies, review team
* Act as liaison for Marketing Operations to ensure MAP and team
are in alignment with commercial strategies and positioned as
strategic partner; in collaboration with but not limited to:
marketing teams, Sales Training, Health Systems, Reimbursement, IT,
outside vendors and internal review teams.
* This position has a responsibility to provide insight to
developments or changes in industry and how to best stay current or
be market leaders in process and technologies.
* Monitor/maintain controlled documents to keep current and valid.
When appropriate, modify as needed when change in market
conditions, internal business process, or FDA guidance necessitate
enhancement of departmental control documents.
* Act as facilitator in project negotiations, summarize team
agreements and facilitate progress of projects.
* This position may provide oversight of contract personnel in a
variety of support roles.
* Manage Veeva Vault vendor to achieve effective system support of
* Reports to MAP Manager
* This position requires close collaboration with domestic
colleagues in R&D, Business Analytics, Regulatory, and Legal,
Manufacturing as well as the Marketing and Sales commercial teams.
Global development compounds will also require collaboration with
Astellas Pharma, Inc (Japan) and APEL (Europe).
* A Bachelor's degree
* A Minimum of (7-10) years of experience working within a highly
regulated area/industry, preferably Pharmaceuticals
* Project Management experience
* Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe)
* Excellent organizational skills
* Customer Service orientated
* Ability to work independently in addition to team environment
* Ability to produce quality work under deadline pressure
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Multi-tasking and flexible
* Experience in well-defined process environment
* Previous experience in developing or managing a production/review
* Possess good people skills (influencing others without
* Veeva PromoMats experience
* Previous work within the pharmaceutical promotional review
* Solid understanding of promotional marketing
* Prior Commercial print and/or digital production experience a
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time,
plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Astellas, Chicago , Associate Manager, Material Approval Process (MAP), Executive , Highland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!