P/L Senior Territory Manager
Company: Liberty Mutual Insurance
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Safeco Insurance is part of the Personal Insurance business unit
of Liberty Mutual Insurance. Safeco is committed to providing a
range of superior property and casualty products to customers
across the United States through a network of independent agents.
Safeco is proud to support the communities that we live and work in
and values a diverse work force. You'll be engaged in meaningful
work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live
safer, more secure lives" every day.As a Senior Territory Manager,
you will drive profitable premium growth within your assigned
territory by selecting, engaging and managing independent agents to
successfully sell and support Safeco's Personal Lines products and
services. This role is at the forefront of building premium growth
through relationships with our underwriters and agents to ensure we
build market-share successfully.Responsibilities
- Owns and manages assigned territory driving profitable growth
to achieve financial and operational targets.
- Leads assigned geographical territory and agency management
processes (e.g. Agency prospecting, business planning, engagement,
training, compensation, plant optimization, etc.).
- Independently builds and cultivates mutually beneficial agency
partnerships in person with agency ownership, management and
- Establishes position as a trusted advisor while delivering
product, underwriting philosophy, appetite and system training,
support retention and new business development to increase depth
and maximize agency revenue.
- Creates, maintains, and executes high quality agency strategies
and plans to achieve direct written premium, profit and new
- Plans include strategic and tactical components and are aligned
with key Personal Lines or Business Lines business strategies
including carrier consolidation (book transfer), agency plant
expansion, service center support and new product/program rollout
- Drives and ensures quality of new business flow, appropriate
book mix, and overall risk management of both individual agency
books and overall assigned territory. Provides appetite and target
market clarity, identifies and addresses profit or quality of
business concerns to ensure profitability across territory.
- Leads, collaborates with, influences and supports internal
business partners (underwriting/product management/claims/risk
control) to identify and capitalize on opportunities, solve
problems, share key competitor and industry intel and provide voice
of our agent/customer.
- Collaborates with Personal Lines (PL) or Business Lines (BL)
counterparts to effectively partner with shared agency
- Strategically utilizes internal and external programs and tools
designed to support the Independent Agent channel and Senior
Territory Manager agency management including all Marketing and
Development programs, business development tools and internal
production/profitability data and analysis.
- Provides leadership and mentoring for other team members,
guidance on agency initiatives, and contributes ideas for
- Bachelor`s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum six years of progressively more responsible insurance
sales and management work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of company services, products, marketing
techniques, insurance contracts, risk funding and rating plans, and
- Proven track record of revenue growth and sales success in a
- Proven success in developing and building partnerships,
decision making and problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge of the business including production
management, claims, loss prevention, underwriting, administration,
sales operations and agency business operations.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills,
including presentation, persuasion, timing, tact and negotiation
- High degree of customer focus, interpersonal relationship
skills and problem solving.
- Advanced analytical thinking, business analytics and business
- Strong time management and team orientation skills.
- Well versed understanding of marketing principles.
- Must be licensed by the state if required.
- Ability to travel daily with occasional overnight travel.
- Appropriate driving record required to operate a company
vehicle.At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace
today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an
environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect.
Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace
where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding
profession.Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great
Place to Work" by Great Place to Work - US for the past several
years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work
in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many
years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's
Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for
New Graduates-as well as one of America's Best Employers for
Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and
inclusion please visit:
your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and
we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life
and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please
visit: https://LMI.co/BenefitsLiberty Mutual is an equal
opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status,
pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by
federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual Insurance, Chicago , P/L Senior Territory Manager, Executive , Warrenville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!