Sales Account Manager I - Food Ingredients
Company: Univar Solutions
Location: Bedford Park
Posted on: June 26, 2022
A Place Where People Matter.Start your career journey with
Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around
you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite
REMOTE Opportunity - Preferred locations: Mid-West region of the
What You'll Do
- Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through
additional sales with current customers and demonstrate commitment
to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a
long-term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them
for further business and maximizing the margin they create while
reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Univar USA's position within each corporate account
using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively
grow the size of your territory.
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Univar targets.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to
increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and
coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to
allow local branches to do so.
- Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to
ensure proper inventory levels and overall customer
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar USA
employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and
any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serve as initial contact for international chemical
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls
and effective customer interaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personally and of your
What You'll Need
- 1-5 years of experience in a sales position with a proven track
record of success
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required (Technical
- Experience with technical, industrial manufacturing,
distribution, or chemical industry sales is a plusPreferred Skills
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team
- Demonstrated competitive drive for results and a growth
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers
as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and
PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of the
business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and
end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to
uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to
close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize
appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting
to price-based selling
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and
ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our
daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand
sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning,
construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000
employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the
most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay
and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support
our employees' physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world
around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities
healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion.
Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique
experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides
the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Chicago , Sales Account Manager I - Food Ingredients, Executive , Bedford Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!