Assistant Project Manager - Life Sciences (Chicago)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionThe Assistant Project Manager (APM) will assist
project managers on a variety of projects of varying complexity,
and/or will manage some smaller and less complex projects on their
own. This position will manage and act as a coordinator and project
liaison to the client, subcontractors, vendors, and other
stakeholders, throughout the project. The APM will maintain
document control, manage databases and coordinate and track project
activities and communications to ensure project goals are
accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and budget
- Assist global practice and engineering disciplines with overall
efforts for Design-only and/or EPC projects.
- Assist the Project Management team to administer requests for
proposal (RFP) package development, bid and selection process, and
develop detailed scope of work documents for downstream
- Manage Contractors' submittals, requests for information,
supplemental design instructions, and site drawing logs.
- Verify Contractor compliance including: quality, safety,
environmental, environmental and material management programs.
- Execute contracts including: change order management/ field
change directives, approval of invoices, and management of
- Assist with project controls efforts, including project cost
reporting, scheduling, project work breakdown structure
establishment, project set-up and closeout within the accounting
system, and field progress tracking.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports
including, project budgeting, cost reports, project cash flow
forecast, and project status reports to all stakeholders.
- Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and
consult with Legal Department as required.
- Close out contract and project documentation.
- Adhere to Burns & McDonnell's safety programs, trainings, and
policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health
performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
related degree from an accredited program and 5 years of applicable
- Experience in facility-focused projects, including
manufacturing, life sciences, research & development, support
facilities (office, central plant, etc.), and government
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding work environment,
ability to work overtime on short notice,
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Experience Primavera Contract Manager or similar change
management software is preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Owner's,
Contractors, Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a
multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or
drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish
ManagementPrimary Location US-IL-ChicagoSchedule: Full-timeTravel:
Yes, 20 % of the TimeReq ID: 221730\#LI-LS \#GFS N/A
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Chicago , Assistant Project Manager - Life Sciences (Chicago), Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!