Plant CI Manager - Lean Manufacturing
Company: Pactiv Evergreen
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Bridgeview is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. It
is located approximately 15 miles southwest of the Chicago Loop. As
of the 2010 census, the village population was 16,446. It is a 10
minute car ride from Bridgeview to Bedford Park.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression,
marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses
protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like
to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines and applicable laws.Responsibilities:Job Summary:The
goal of this position is to demonstrate maximum efficiency across
the network of manufacturing
facilities, continuously assessing critical processes and systems
in Pactiv Evergreen and implementing
programs that will have long-term benefits. From these technical
assessments, develop and implement
targeted plans that address gaps in the facilities. As our
manufacturing technology, automation and
opportunity for optimization increase, we must transfer knowledge,
network and leverage best
practices within our manufacturing sites as we continue to develop
a Lean Management System to run
our facilities, as well as optimizing plant performance by ensuring
a flawless implementation of the
Pactiv Evergreen Production System (PEPS).
The Plant CI Manager will report to the Plant Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop plans, schedules, and budgets for projects to improve
existing processes and to support the
Pactiv Evergreen Production System (PEPS).
- Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement
activities through standardization and
- Supports lean improvement process with techniques such as
- Identify cost savings through research or product requirements,
manufacturing methods and
- Improve manufacturing organization by analyzing workflow, space
requirements and equipment
layout with the goal of cost-reduction, quality improvement and
- Bridge the gap between technical and operational teams,
executing a range of CI solutions that
move operations beyond current state to the next level of
- Identify and manage resources, internal and external, that are
needed to execute the targeted skills
- Has knowledge in the areas of: 5S, SMED, TPM, VSM, PDCA or
equivalent, A3 Problem Solving.
- Ensure adherence to Lean Methodology, including Kaizen, 5S,
Standard Work, Daily Management,
Layered Audit Process and Business Plan development to eliminate
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
Experience:5+ years of plant experience in technical or management
Travel:Occasional; less than 25% of time
- Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Strong organizational skills to include: Tracking, coordination
across multiple programs, effectivereporting of status and results
to both Plant management and senior management.
- Experience working across multiple locations at one time
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods
and process improvementtechniques.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal), team
building and demonstrated leadershipskills with all levels in the
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Must have Microsoft Office experience with advanced Excel
- Safety - Demonstrates a safety first mindset in all
#LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB1
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen, Chicago , Plant CI Manager - Lean Manufacturing, Executive , Bridgeview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!