Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPlant ManagerSalary: 130-150KLocation: Streator,
ILRelocation AvailableSummary:Responsible for safety, employee
relations/employee management, customer performance, plant
operations and maintenance. Establish plant policies and
procedures. Responsible for plant production goals. Create and
maintain well trained and motivated staff. General Duties and
- Foster a service driven culture
- Interact with Sales Team and Customers
- Manager Customer relationships
- Manage P&L and budgets
- Create accountability throughout the plant by setting specific
expectations and reinforcing both positive and negative
- Develop, manage and supervise staff
- Utilize the skills and abilities of staff
- Use team problem solving approach
- Manage ordering practices for all materials (i.e. Kanban, JIT,
- Manage inventory levels and accuracies (raw material/finished
- Measure performance against goals on a regular basis and
present goals to plant personnel as needed
- Establish and manage continuous improvement practices
- Clearly establish service related communication channels
- Create production management functions that support "Lean"
- Manage to key performance metrics and company established
- Be familiar with the development, use and implementation of
planning and forecasting systems
- Establish cross functional communication practices to support
all departments and facilities
- Partner with all corporate managers and support staff (HR,
Customer Service, Warranty, Logistics, etc.)
- Interviewing, hiring and completing performance appraisals
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned Specific
- Create and implement specific training and development plans
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks for all
- Host and participate in plant specific and companywide Kaizen
- Plan and manage production forecast.
- Work with the sales team to understand market expectations and
translate to internal improvements.
- Manage production scheduling process to ensure on time
shipments and finished goods inventory reduction.
- Manage the practices for raw material consumptions including
on-hand quantities, order points and re-order quantities.
- Manage all freight cost reduction initiatives.
- Work with materials vendors for process improvements, cost
savings initiatives and problem solving.
- Manage all quality control or warranty related action
- Create and implement internal standards based on company
direction and customer needs.
- Manage all aspects of safety and environmental programs and
initiatives set by the company and governmental agencies.
- Conduct career planning and development discussions with all
direct reports. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong leadership skills
- Recognized needs and have the ability to request
- Excellent analytical skills/abilities.
- 5+ years of related experience, and specific knowledge required
in planning and forecasting.
- Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent team building and project management skills.
- Travel Required (10%).
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
using Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing in a Union Environment.
- 4 Year degree Preferred.
- Maintenance leadership experience with TPM, PLC, and SMED a
- Employee Focused Leadership style desirable.Take the next step
in your career. APPLY NOW!"For additional information on this
opportunity, or other positions of interest, contact Jeff Kolhoff
with gpac at Jeff.Kolhoff@gogpac.com Recruiting in Sioux Falls."All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), reli
Keywords: gpac, Chicago , Plant Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!