Accounts Payable Manager
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: Morton Grove
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Accounts Payable Manager About the Company Our client, an
international and multibillion company is looking to add an
Accounts Payable Manager to their growing finance and accounting
team. This organization has shown tremendous growth over the last
couple years and has no signs of slowing down. Additionally, this
company looks to promote from within (this role is open due to a
promotion), so they are seeking candidates who are driven and would
like to grow their career. Great opportunity for someone looking to
join a stable company, set their roots and grow their career. Job
Responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Manager As an Accounts
Payable Manager, you will be responsible overseeing the Accounts
Payable operation of the Regional Americas group. You will manage a
team of nine, over see day to day AP functions, develop and manage
KPI reporting, and focus on process automation. In addition, you
will develop strategic and operational plans to achieve results and
ensure alignment with company goals and objectives. Build effective
cross functional relationships to achieve results.
- Manage a team of 4 direct reports.
- Develop and drive process improvement for efficiencies in their
process by partnering with IT. .
- Efficiently and accurately execute payments to vendors
- Drive detailed analysis of variances and operational
- Lead projects system upgrades, implementations and other
- Educate business on proper way to process invoices (ie vendor
communications, linkages to master data, creation of POs,
processing of activity in OCR/VIM, etc); ie plants, sourcing,
indirect spend, HR, engineering, etc.
- Understand linkages with local tax compliance and assure
existing processes address tax implications (sales and use tax/1099
- Understand and report on KPIs for business and finance to help
achieve these goals.
- Resolve discrepancy claims.
- Communicate effectively with various departments withing the
company (IT, warehouse, marketing, etc)
- Facilitate and review reconciliations with vendors.
- Facilitate and review AP GL reconciliations.
- Manages and develop staff, including hiring and training.
- Develops and promotes a culture of continuous improvement
- Prepare schedules and reports of Accounts Payable and Fixed
Asset data and metrics Job Requirements We are looking for an
objective Accounts Payable Manager who combines a solid
understanding of accounting knowledge and accounts payable
principles, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You
should be highly organized, detail-oriented, a strong leader, and
effective communicator. Specific requirements for this Accounts
Payable Manager include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- 5+yrs of AP experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing an accounting function in a
medium to large size company.
- Previous supervisory experience
- SAP experience required
- Global B2B experience preferred
- Accounts Payable or other transaction heavy accounting
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures
and financial records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good excel skills-Pivot tables, v-lookups, Macros/VBA a
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Chicago , Accounts Payable Manager, Executive , Morton Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!