Company: Coolab Foods, LLC
Location: Franklin Park
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPlant ManagerCoolab Foods LLC. located in
Franklin Park, IL., producer of Ice Cream products sold nationwide
and even beyond. We seek a hands-on Plant Manager who understand
how to effectively manage a food production facility, by using
effective leadership and motivational skills coupled with
operational maturity.The Plant Manager will lead the manufacturing
operations in providing quality products at or below budgeted cost
and delivering balanced results in safety, people, profitability,
and quality. The position will be responsible for managing daily
capacity utilization, ensuring plant operations are following
regulatory and company quality requirements and the facility meets
or exceeds safety standards. Duties and Responsibilities- By
example, practices a high on-floor presence especially for
start-ups, issue resolutions, project work and first production
- Plans, organizes, and directs manufacturing operations to
ensure the plant meets the daily production schedule while ensuring
product standards meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
- Improves production quality, output, delivery performance,
predictability and profitability through effective planning,
metrics, and training. Communicate clear metrics and targets to
- Develop and execute overall plant manufacturing strategies. KPI
- Participates in planning, development, implementation &
evaluation of strategic business and performance goals and
- Manages budget and cost controls considering changes in demand
(volume), business seasonality and required service levels.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to reduce production costs
and improve material flow.
- Daily focus on yields particularly with production supervisors.
Report daily actions/results.
- Ensures plant meets OSHA requirements and continually improves
our safety record by addressing both physical safety issues as well
as employee safety attitudes.
- Sets priorities for the manufacturing team to ensure task
completion. Coordinates work activities with supervisors to support
daily business objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all food regulatory requirements and
ensure adherence to food safety GMP's, SOP's, HACCP, and FDA.
- Maintains superior scores on all Quality SQF.Knowledge, Skills
- The continued growth of our business requires a dedicated and
proven leader able to work closely with all business
- Ability to build, transform and lead a successful team and
provide clear direction and instruction is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with management, employees, suppliers, and
- Possess team-building skills; the ability to gain consensus and
deliver results with and through people.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong
organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical,
problem solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Acts with high integrity and honesty in good times and
- Laser focus on execution (end to end) applying relentless
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deliver defined objectives on time, with budgeted
commitments and on target. Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing experience , ice cream
manufacturing or dairy experience required.
- General understanding of financial and budget management with
experience in managing functional areas and scope of business.
- If you are bi-Lingual (Spanish) that is a significant
- Bachelor's in Business Administration, Operations Management,
Engineering, or related field.
- Food Manufacturing Experience.
- Prior plant management experience a plus.Powered by
Keywords: Coolab Foods, LLC, Chicago , Plant Manager, Executive , Franklin Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!