Assistant Branch Manager
Company: Byline Bank.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Description Title: Assistant Branch
Manager (ABM)Grade: 05Division: Retail BankingJob Code:
RET205Reports To: Branch ManagerFLSA Status: Non-Exempt Objective
of Position: The Assistant Branch Manager supports the Branch
Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to
ensure all operational functions are properly performed by the
staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security, and
satisfaction to both the customer and staff. This position is
responsible for overseeing the teller function, ATM balancing,
night depository processing, Thillens Processing, and customer
service duties. Assists the Branch Manager in providing coaching
and direction to branch staff in both sales and service activities.
Supports the Branch Manager in their absence.Byline Bank staff
members are expected to periodically travel to another branch
location to help with staffing coverage. Demonstrated scheduling
flexibility is required, along with an openness to new ideas and
the ability to identify process improvements. Business dress as
outlined in the Byline Bank dress code is mandatory.Duties and
Responsibilities: Staff Development/Leadership
- Assist with recruiting, mentoring, and empowering a
high-performing team to achieve company goals.
- Maintain connection with customers and develop new business in
the region through relationship building and proposing
- Facilitates meetings to disseminate operational information
including branch security and safety issues.
- Prepares teller performance appraisals and disciplinary notices
- Partners with the Branch Manager - schedules tellers for
- Ensures excellent customer service skills are practiced by all
the teller staff members. Sales & Service
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales production goals for products
and services as assigned by manager.
- Delivers personalized service that focuses on individual
customer needs. Identifies and offers products and services that
will improve our member's financial lives.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with customers
- Recognizes and facilitates cross-selling opportunities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member transactions; follows
regulatory compliance procedures including, but not limited to,
BSA, Robbery and Security and Privacy; follows all bank policies
and procedures; observes security and regulatory procedures.
- Enforces dual control procedures at all times.
- Responsible for daily branch operations to include overdraft
management, vault management, branch schedules, the opening and
closing of the office, and other such duties.
- Ensures that all back-office work, monthly efficiency logs, and
audits are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Keeps educated on all deposit, business and consumer loan
- Maintains adequate supplies at the facility including the
maintenance of tests alarms and other security devices.
- Establishes clear and on-going communication with
- Performs other duties as assigned.Note: Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Requirements:
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Excellent customer service and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience assessing and meeting the needs of
customers and/or solving customer problems
- 2+ years of leadership experience including coaching, training
- 2+ years of Prior managerial/supervisory experience
- 2+ years of cash handling experience
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:Usual office environment with frequent
sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye,
hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office equipment.
Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as
well as communication through automated devices.
Keywords: Byline Bank., Chicago , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!