Location: Wood Dale
Posted on: November 27, 2022
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
*OPEN TO RELOCATION FOR CANDIDATES IN INDIANA, MICHIGAN, WISCONSIN
_*Safety & IH*_
* Ensures compliance with Videojet/ Danaher policies and
procedures, along with all state, federal and local governmental
EHS regulations. This includes written programs, record keeping,
reports, inspections, monitoring, testing, training and medical
surveillance per guidelines. Maintain compliance with air and water
permits. Perform required inspections and audits per permit
* Experience working in a LEAN or continual improvement environment
and ability to apply continual improvement concepts to EHS
* Directs, develops and delivers environmental health and safety
training programs to ensure employee's knowledge, understanding and
adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the
operation of the facility.
* Conduct regular walk-through's (Gemba) of the plant to look for
unsafe acts, conditions and to coach and mentor associates.
* Develops, implements and coordinates all Fire
Prevention/Protection programs coordinating with FM Global. This
includes all required training, record keeping, monitoring and
reporting programs and results.
* Review proposed new chemicals, chemical processes, equipment,
machinery, new buildings, etc. with the use of the Management of
* Coordinate incident investigations with effective root cause
investigation and counter measure implementation.
* Manages and Coordinates Worker's Compensation and Return to Work
Program with support from the site Human Resources department
* Develops and executes actions to reduce and sustain the Danaher
EHS risk assessment score(s).
* Develops, implements and coordinates all Industrial Hygiene and
* Ensures all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits
have corrective actions implemented and communicated in a timely
* Develop, implement and maintain site-specific programs that
comply corporate policy and programs.
* Complete monthly safety reports as directed by Manager, EHS
Director or Danaher Corporate.
* Manages and maintains ISO45001 Management System (2020
* Complete risk assessments for jobs where duties, location, and/or
equipment changes occur.
* Lead EHS related kaizen events to drive improvements.
* Manages EHS management programs including cost control/reduction
and accident prevention/reduction.
* Facilitate and lead Plant Safety and sub-team committees.
* Requires focuses on leading EHS indicators to drive long term
improvement goals including human behavior
* Manages and maintains ISO14001 Management System
* Manage hazardous waste management program: documents,
inspections, handling, storage and disposal.
* Determines proper treatment, storage and/or disposal techniques
and oversees scheduling of waste transportation and disposal with
treatment, storage and disposal facilities.
* Oversees emergency and response activities in the event of a
serious emergency such as a fire, explosion or chemical spill.
* Act as the facility's Emergency Coordinator and liaison with
local emergency response personnel.
* Collect information, complete, and submit regulatory required
environmental reports (Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act
Tier II, Stormwater, Clean Air Act, RCRA, CFC, Biennial Report, and
313 R reporting).
* Prepare non-compliance notification for regulatory agencies and
oversee corrective measures prescribed for non-compliance
* Prepare and submit wastewater compliance reports as required
under the provisions of the wastewater pre-treatment permit.
*OTHER REQUIREMENTS: *
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed. This position is required to follow
any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by
the Leadership team.
* BS degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and
Safety, Engineering, Sustainability, or other engineering or
science focused field is required.
* Minimum of 3 or more years of management experience in EHS,
preferably in a manufacturing facility.
* Associate/Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified
Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or other EHS related certification
* Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting,
manufacturing operations, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews,
permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills with the ability
to effectively interface with a variety of people at various
technical and management levels.
* Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and
* Strong communication, leadership, presentation, training,
analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
* Ability to respond to emergencies as needed.
* Experience with GENSUITE --- or other EHS data management system
* ISO14001 - LEAD Auditor experience preferred
* RCRA - Hazardous Waste Management Training
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Professional development assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Wood Dale, IL 60191: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* EHS: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Videojet, Chicago , EHS Manager, Executive , Wood Dale, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!