Carrier Sales Manager
Company: AIT Worldwide Logistics
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Wake up each day to be part of a -movement. A movement to -make
an impact. A movement to -go for it. A movement to -provide
solutions. A movement to be -empowered. A movement to -do the right
thing.Come work for one of Crain's Best Places to Work winners!AIT
Truckload Solutions is hiring for a Carrier Sales Manager who is
looking to grow a career in a fun & high growth third-party
logistics provider! - -Position Overview:Do you have a passion for
developing exceptional teams and driving success in a high-growth
company? Are you obsessive about carrier partnerships and strategic
relationships? If yes, then the Carrier Sales Manager at AIT
Truckload Solutions is the role for you!In this position you will
lead and grow our Carrier Account team while providing exceptional
service for our clients that will exceed their expectations. You
will rely on your deep industry expertise and high energy to
motivate, train, and develop your team; and you will drive to
strengthen our existing carrier relationships while strategically
adding new ones. Additionally, you will be responsible for
executing company strategy related to domestic truckload freight
movement and help to refine that strategy for scalability and
effectiveness. Ultimately, you will ensure the company has the
necessary people and tools in place to succeed and expand our
carrier portfolio across multiple modes to be the "broker of
choice" for our partners!What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Effectively manage your direct reports with varying levels of
experience to strategically develop meaningful partnerships with
existing and prospective carriers in order to build a dynamic
- Hire, train, and coach your team to ensure company expectations
and individual goals are met and manage underperformance as
- Conduct weekly 1:1's in order to effectively coach and motivate
the team through their performance KPI's and metrics, individual
goals and career-pathing conversations.
- Provide daily coaching and support to the carrier sales team,
including working through and resolving escalations.
- Grow both spot and contract volumes with existing carrier
portfolio. Develop relationships with a variety of contacts from
carrier operations level to senior leadership level across your
- Drive and manage an effective carrier pipeline across your team
to strategically expand our carrier portfolio
- Closely collaborate with Account Management and Customer Sales
teams to align with top customers to ensure exceptional service
performance; and expand our dedicated and contract volumes across
- Support customer calls to provide market insight and gain
strong understanding of areas of opportunity with the sales
- Lead and empower your direct reports to negotiate offers and
work closely with the sales team to provide pricing guidance upon
- Develop your team's sales skills with ongoing call coaching and
training. Lead by example to actively prospect and solicit new
carriers with your teams.
- Strengthen your team's knowledge of the market and assist with
pricing and rate negotiation training.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to improve carrier
sales productivity and overall carrier experience.
- Work closely with our third-party tracking providers to improve
carrier compliance and grow our ELD network.
- Bring energy, passion, and a positive attitude to your
- Evaluate and drive opportunities for automation tools into the
sourcing, tendering, and pricing process. This may include outside
technology resources.What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others - being respectful to
our teammates is a Core Value!
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership,
independence, accountability, and autonomy in your role.
- Growth mindset - being passionate about your craft, always
looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to
change and doing things differently.
- Customer service focus - we serve a wide variety of customers,
both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of
our culture!Other Skills We Hope to See:
- 3-5 years of previous Carrier Sales experience within a 3PL or
freight brokerage environment, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience or managing a team
- P&L experience, preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills; attention to detail and accuracy;
- Flexibility/willingness to take responsibility for shipments
outside of normal business hours.
- Team-oriented while being self-motivated, hardworking, and
- Highly motivated to succeed and the ability to thrive in a
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to effectively communication to employees, manager, and
senior management levels.
- Ability to remain persistent, positive, and optimistic. What
AIT Can Offer You:
- Growing company with a record year in performance that
continues to scale! -
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in -international
operations -with an ability to make an impact across the
- Hands-on and passionate CEO -who -understands the importance of
hiring great talent - passionately caring for co-workers is a -Core
Value! - -
- Laid-back and open-door work environment - -
- High -Performance -culture with a focus on a growth mindset
where continuous improvement is embraced - -
- Opportunities -for advancement - -
- Competitive compensation -& benefits -package -
- Generous paid time off - -
- Tuition assistance -program -for your personal development -
- Volunteer program - it's also a -Core Value -- we -actively
engage in -our communities! - -About AIT Truckload
Solutions:Established in 2001, AIT Truckload Solutions is a
customer-focused transportation management provider. Our deep
industry experience and ties to preferred industry partners add
value to everything we do, setting us apart from traditional 3PL
firms.Whether you need truckload, intermodal, expedited ground, LTL
or other supply management services, AIT Truckload Solutions
specializes in delivering cost savings and operational efficiency
through innovative transportation solutions. Our services span a
range of industries and a coverage area that includes the U.S.,
Canada, and Mexico.At AIT Truckload Solutions, customers and
carriers have access to a variety of tracking options and
technologies. Customers enjoy 24/7 phone availability and the
ability to track shipments online. AIT Truckload Solutions
advanced, web-based Delivery Tracking System gives carriers the
ability to manage open orders, maintain compliance or even assign
themselves to available loads.AIT Truckload Solutions is in
downtown Chicago, close proximity to train lines and Metra. -AIT
Truckload Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
M/F/Veterans/Disabled. - If you are unable to apply online due to a
disability, contact Human Resources at 312-981-7400 or email your
resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: AIT Worldwide Logistics, Chicago , Carrier Sales Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!