Manager Financial Planning and Analysis
Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the
global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults
and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining
our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision.
You'll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and
equity are championed through words and actions. You'll contribute
to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces
curiosity, discovery and compassion. You'll play a role in
something that's never been done before as we integrate science and
clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes - as
we Advance Human Ability, together. General Summary The Manager,
Financial Planning & Analysis will work closely with Management at
all levels to develop the annual operating and capital budgets for
SRAlab, maintains the budgeting and reporting systems, maintains
and enhances budgeting and reporting packages and processes, and
prepares forecasting and other financial analyses as required to
provide actionable insights and support management decisions. The
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will also play a critical
role in the re-design and implementation of SRAlab's budgeting and
reporting tool, Adaptive Planning. The Manager, Financial Planning
& Analysis will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley
Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by
striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and
showing respect and compassion for patients and their families,
fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or
in the interest of the institute. The Manager, Financial Planning
will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes:
Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability,
Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope,
Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence)
while fulfilling job duties. Principal Responsibilities The
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will:
- Partner with Director, Financial Planning to lead re-design and
implementation of SRAlab's budgeting tool, Adaptive Planning, as
part of organization wide ERP implementation, including
requirements gathering, working with external project management,
testing, process creation/improvement, training, documentation, and
- Manage and develop a small team of financial analysts.
- Develop operating and capital budgets for SRAlab through a
coordinated effort involving management and senior leaderships from
all functional areas of the organization.
- Educate managers in budgeting and analysis techniques and
provide technical assistance.
- Maintain and enhance, as needed, reporting package for
budgeting and monitoring departmental and Institute
- Maintain and enhance, as needed, processes, both computerized
and interpersonal, for developing departmental budget detail.
- Complete and oversee various financial analysis efforts
including complex modeling, projections, reports, and presentations
using financial and encounter reporting tools and data.
- Review suite of monthly financial reports and analyses prepared
by Financial Planning team. Review monthly financial statements for
variances and trends.
- Manage the organization's annual Long Range Financial Plan
(LRFP) process including development and updating of the LRFP
model. Analysis may include scenario modeling and evaluation of
projected operating performance, liquidity, and leverage.
- Partner with the Accounting department to execute a variety of
month and year end close activities as well as audit support.
- Maintains financial reporting systems (Microsoft Dynamics
General Ledger and Management Reporter, Workday, etc.) and
implements new systems as required. Adapts new systems to
institution requirements by designing and creating reports and
rolling out to managers.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. Reporting
- Reports to Director, Financial Planning. Knowledge, Skills &
- Knowledge of accounting, financial, statistical, and systems
principles. MBA, MHA, or MS in a relevant area, or CPA is
- At least seven years progressively advanced experience in
healthcare provider budgeting and financial analysis.
- Full understanding of accounting principles relating to the
preparation and analysis of budgets and performance.
- Experience with ERP and budgeting tool implementation, such as
Workday and Adaptive Planning, preferred.
- Strong computer skills in spreadsheet and financial
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
with all levels of clinical and management staff, including Board
- Ability to lead and manage the work of others.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to provide advice and counsel across a complex
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for continuous
quality improvement. Working Conditions
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or
extreme temperature. The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago , Manager Financial Planning and Analysis, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!