Manager of Events
Company: National Hellenic Museum
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The National Hellenic Museum is a non-profit organization with a
mission to share Greek history, culture and art and the Greek
American story in relevant and meaningful ways.
The National Hellenic Museum seeks a Manager of Events to create
engaging, memorable, and high quality guest experiences, and to
move the organization forward in business and brand development.
The position requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented
and motivated thought leader to coordinate event planning,
management, and production. This position reports to the Executive
Overall, the position involves managing museum programs,
fundraising events, and rentals of the museum space to external
The position includes a range of responsibilities including,
project management, coordinating event logistics and timelines,
communicating with event attendees and donors, creating event
programs, contracting vendors, and other tasks necessary for event
* Organize and execute assigned business projects which may include
special projects related to exhibition events and educational
* Develop and implement detailed strategic business plans to
increase event rentals, tour groups, and internal events.
* Create and implement successful marketing strategies for rentals
and group events, developing vendor relationships to increase
existing networks, and working with digital marketing consultants
to grow the reputation of the brand.
* Potentially oversee event staff as rentals and events increase at
*Museum Event and Fundraising Events Responsibilities*
* In collaboration with the Executive Director, produce and
coordinate all aspects of the museum's significant fundraising and
cultivation events, including: The Trial, Kouzina, special projects
related to Annual Gala, and various other events (both virtual and
in-person) including receptions, lectures, exhibition openings,
* In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop concepts
for event materials including graphic design, production, printing,
auction catalogs, invitations, public relations, and event
* Responsible for budgeting and financial reporting for events.
* Facilitate volunteer planning committees and manage the staff and
volunteer committees working at the event.
* Negotiate costs and services with vendor, book event space,
arrange food and beverage, order all supplies and decor, coordinate
audiovisual equipment and operation, make travel arrangements.
* Lead event planning and production meetings and discussions.
* Secure guest speakers and entertainment and coordinate
* Organize and manage the invitation, registration, and attendee
* Provides day-of event coverage.
* Manage the follow-up with vendors, sponsors and staff members
after each event.
* Manage exhibition load-in schedules.
*Museum Rental Event Responsibilities*
* Coordinate Rentals Program and meet rental revenue goals set in
partnership with the Executive Director.
* Cultivate and develop VIP, client, and vendor relationships to
promote and manage rental of facilities.
* Respond to function inquiries, tour potential clients through the
Museum, generate rental contacts, coordinate with caterers and
other vendors, and secure event permits.
* Supervise function staff and coordinate event logistics and
execution to ensure successful events.
* Create and manage the timeline, run of show, and task list for
* Lead all event planning and production meetings and
* Work with clients to revise room layouts for each event.
* Manage on-site production and clean-up for events.
* Manage the follow-up with vendors and staff members after each
* *Education: * Relevant experience in event planning and
management, or Bachelor's/Associate's degree.
* *Job Experience: * 5+ years in event planning and management
* _*Preferred but not required: *_ Interest in Greek Culture or
*Demonstrated Competencies: *
* Creative, dependable, and results oriented.
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
for precise event management.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent community building and customer service skills, and
high expectations for building strong relationships and delivering
* Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention
* Ability to manage budgets, negotiate with vendors, and lead
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as
*Hours and Requirements of the Position: *
Full-time, Monday through Friday, including some weekday evenings,
occasional early morning, late evening, and weekend hours related
to meetings or events. When weekend or evening work is required,
the Manager of Events can utilize flexible scheduling for a
balanced work schedule.
*Location: *Partial remote work. Office located at 333 S. Halsted
St, Chicago, IL 60661
*Benefits: * Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, paid time off,
hybrid work schedule
*Salary: *$60,000-$65,000 based on experience
The National Hellenic Museum is committed to creating a diverse
work environment and an equal employment employer. All applicants
will be considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Chicago, IL 60661: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Events management: 5 years (Preferred)
* Customer service: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chicago, IL 60661%58047475%
Keywords: National Hellenic Museum, Chicago , Manager of Events, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!