Company: Zoetis Spain SL
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Position SummaryThe Manufacturing Director provides leadership
to the Operations team and ensures attainment of safety, quality,
performance, and financial objectives. - Incumbent will coordinate
activities associated with the site production processes while
continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, safety, cGMP,
productivity, delivery and production schedule. - She/he will serve
as a technical coach and resource to the process/process teams in
the areas of validation, materials conversion, equipment
availability, planning, and systems integrity. - This role is a
member of the Site Leadership Team and works with peers to support
and meet site initiatives as a team. -Position Responsibilities
- Oversees production operations, including staff and equipment,
for a multi-faceted, highly complex, three shift manufacturing
operation in alignment with company and corporate policies.
- Work with Site Leadership to determine Team goals and
objectives as a component of the Site plan; develop specific
actions to meet goals. -
- Direct Operations team to produce safe and high-quality
products. - Responsible for all elements of the process (e.g.,
safety, budget, metrics, staffing, compliance).
- Responsible for proper alignment and utilization of Zoetis
resources and contractors.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation. May inspect
production equipment to determine operating conditions and
engineering and/or maintenance needs.
- Demonstrates leadership and behavior aligned with each of the
Zoetis Core Beliefs
- Provides direction and leadership to direct reports.
Demonstrates and fosters accountability for the manufacturing
operation to achieve production schedule and financial plan
adherence, while ensuring product availability to our customers
100% of the time. -
- Leads Gemba walks to "own the process", identifying and
resolving issues that are impeding material and information flow. -
Promotes use of Right First Time and Lean Manufacturing tools to
assure the site provides a competitive advantage to the business.
- Identifies, prioritizes, and champions improvement projects to
implement line and changeover improvements, reduction of process
variability, and waste elimination.
- Ensures high standards of product quality are achieved in
accordance with Zoetis Quality Standards and policies and in
compliance with appropriate regulations and standards (e.g., USDA,
VMD, EPA, OSHA, as well as corporate operational standards). -
- Ensures that production facilities are operated in a safe,
environmentally acceptable manner, and that all colleagues are
properly trained. -
- Provides all production areas with necessary support on a
- Promotes an effective safety and housekeeping program to ensure
safe work conditions.
- Responsible for justification, selection, training, and
performance management of staff and/or contractors.
- Supports process safety management programs within the plant,
- Responsible for major decisions during planned outages to avoid
unsafe operations and equipment damage, and to ensure continuity of
- Partners with GMT for successful transfer of new products into
- Promotes and achieves an environment of high colleague
engagement, decision-making, and support/development.
- May Lead Green Belt/Black Belt Initiatives and engage
colleagues to lead Green Belt initiatives within
- Strategically plans and executes long-term planning for
Manufacturing (e.g. capital planning, resource planning, long-range
capacity planning, new products, etc.) that are consistent with
strategic goals of the company.
- Acts as a high functioning and collaborative member of the site
Leadership team.Education and Experience
- BA/BS with 15+ years of experience OR MBA/MS with 13+ years of
experience. -Technical Skills Requirements
- Prior experience managing in a chemical and/or pharmaceutical
manufacturing environment, with increasing levels of leadership
- Demonstrated creativity and proven capability to effectively
lead and develop others, optimize team and organizational
performance, execute strategic and operational plans, lead and
manage change, deal with ambiguity, analyze complex issues
resulting in appropriate & timely decisions, and promote
- Demonstrated ability to drive Transformation and Continuous
Improvement throughout the organization.
- Strong commitment to Product Quality, Customer Supply and
Operational Excellence. -
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. -
- Green Belt Certification desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate diverse groups to
meet network, site, and departmental objectives.
- Demonstrated successful coaching and development of colleagues,
including effective performance management. -
- Demonstrated commitment to the Zoetis Values and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with senior
management and related groups (i.e. Supply Chain & Logistics, VMRD,
HR, QO, etc.).
- Demonstrated successful interactions with domestic and
international Regulatory authorities, such as - FDA, EPA, OSHA,
etc.Physical Position Requirements
- Ability to access all areas of the facilitySome travel to other
Zoetis facilities may be required (Full timeRegularColleagueAny
unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an
Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis
mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis
employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis
property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting
from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Zoetis will consider any
candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to
have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This
includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not
have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.Zoetis is
committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of
employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or
veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled
individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online
application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an
alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please
contact Zoetis Colleague Services at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local
laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain
authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and
exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or
maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility,
considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers.
Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please
note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from
candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our
company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email
to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In
addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment
related activities. Any solicitation or request for information
related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or
utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be
disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make
any type of personal financial investment related to gaining
employment with Zoetis.
Keywords: Zoetis Spain SL, Chicago , Director, Manufacturing, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!