Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:What to expect:
- There will be interesting, dynamic work and you will get
exposure to a wide variety of clients, lines of business, and
- Impact & visibility - you will be in a client facing role with
opportunities to meet with and present findings to client
- You will utilize a blend of your interpersonal skills as well
as technical skills. There is a collaborative culture with
opportunities to work across departments and to present internally
- Manage all aspects of new, renewal and prospective business
including the marketing and solicitation of accounts and the
preparation/presentation of research, financial analysis, client
and reinsurer presentations, budget and revenue exhibits, formal
documentation execution, management of accounting/claims/contract
issuesWhat's in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued
partnership throughout business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders,
relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions
with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits
package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life
insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution.
- After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement
per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase
- Entitled to 25 days of vacation, time off to give back to your
community, ten sick days, and nine company holidays (with early
dismissal).We will count on you to:
- Develop and present new/renewal/prospective presentations to
clients and reinsurers.
- Produce new clients and design programs for them, establish
relationships through meetings, exhibit professional skills, and
entertain in order to generate revenue.
- Oversee the timely production of appropriate account/program
- Liaise with Guy Carpenter service departments to ensure the
proper level of client service and timely flow of business
- Monitor the follow-up on contract documentation, ensuring the
timely flow of materials.
- Design new programs for clients' needs, placing business with
- Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers,
clients, colleagues, and Marsh.
- Manage expenses, time, services, etc. in order to maximize GC
- Document all external correspondence and telephone
conversations in accordance with GC procedures, including where
appropriate, GC Professional Standards guidelines, minimizing the
potential for errors and omissions.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of reinsurer capabilities
(product lines, capacity, approvals, etc.), with the help of Market
Information Department, Legal Department, and other departments as
necessary.What you need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 7 years broking experience with the ability to deal
with moderately complex accounts and generate mid-sized clients.
- Strong ability to:
- Maintain compliance with professional standards, where
applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives.
- Address client needs by accessing and organizing
- Manage clients and help them address issues proactively.
- Understand clients' business industry.
- Work as part of a team to support clients' needs.
- Handle significant workflow through efficient time
- Challenge appropriately - supports case with facts and
- Seek ways to streamline and improve current processes.
- Assist in and play a role in client presentations.
- Demonstrate commitment to clients and helps them address issues
- Identify and develop solutions to potential problems in
specialty.What makes you standout:
- Reinsurance broking experience
- Power BI / RGUY CARPENTER is a leading global risk and
reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over
60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful
combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory
services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to
emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter
is a business of (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional
services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The
company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries.
With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh McLennan
helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex
environment through four market-leading companies including , and .
For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy
Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates
are EOE -Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual -Orientation/Gender
Identity employers.#LI-KS1 #reinsurance
Keywords: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Chicago , VP/SVP, Broking, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!