Director of Information Security - Full Time (Hybrid or Remote)
Company: Rush Hospital
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Director of Information Security
Rush University Medical Center is one of the country's leading
medical centers pushing the boundaries of healthcare services with
innovative, compassionate, and accountable team members. Are you
ready to challenge and grow your skills, contribute to providing
top quality patient care, and enhance your career? Rush is a
diverse and inclusive culture, and offers a competitive salary, and
a valuable compensation package including health, dental and vision
benefits, retirement, health savings accounts, and tuition
assistance to invest in your future.
This position is responsible for all aspects of cybersecurity
engineering for Rush. This position will provide strategic
information security focus for the department. This role also
defines, plans, and directs all key information security
initiatives within the group. Identify, develop, implement, and
maintain security related processes that reduce Rush's operational
risk. Provide leadership to the IT security engineering team,
manage the security tools landscape, while ensuring the team
proactively analyses and responds to all threats, deploying risk
mitigation strategies, processes, and procedures.
The Director of Information Security exemplifies the Rush mission,
vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and
- Make decisions regarding security products to be deployed
across the organization.
- Streamline and integrate multiple cybersecurity functions
across operating units within Rush.
- As a full time role, this position is eligible for medical
(dental/vision), time off, educational and retirement
- This position can be a hybrid position (preferred) or 100%
- Provide strategic, management, and leadership for managing the
enter spectrum of cybersecurity tools.
- Responsible for industry research, detailed product analysis,
design, and deployment of below types of security products in the
- Network security
- End point security
- Email security
- Data security
- Bio-Medical and IOT security
- Cloud security
- AD and other security products
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and maturity of products
across the environment
- Compare various security tools available in the market,
recommend and influence various stakeholders with appropriate
selection of tool
- Manage the execution of all IT security tools, technologies,
people, process, and procedures enterprise-wide
- Ensure internal and external standards are met while deploying
the security tools in the environment.
- Develop KPI, SLAs associated to managing security tools and
- Manage security incidents related to security tools and
technologies to maintain SLAs
- Identify and integrate security tools to co-relate threat intel
- Lead security and intelligence sharing functions for Rush
amongst internal and external partners including government
- Responsible for running many complex security programs across
the organization and driving innovations and creative way to tackle
complex security channels including the build out of an
initiative-taking and pre-emptive approach to cyber security.
- Develop security metrics and incident analysis across the
organization. Document and communicate to appropriate
- Collaborate with IT and non-IT teams across the
- Responsible for developing security strategic program roadmaps,
plans and execution.
- Provides guidance to senior leadership about various industry
trends, security products and their fitment in RUSH
- Be a leader to a group of highly skilled security engineers and
- Communicate and articulate security matters to all layers of
- Provide Rush's leadership updates on security posture,
educating stakeholders on importance and role of employees
maintaining a secure corporate environment.
- Manage capital and operating budget for all labor and equipment
associated with information security systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer science
- Certifications in ISC2's Certified Secure Software Lifecycle
Professional (CSSLP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor
(CISA), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional
(CISSP) or any industry recognized security certification.
- 12+ years of experience in cybersecurity field.
- 5+ years of experience in leading security
- Experience in security engineering architecture, design,
documentation, and best practices
- Experience as a technology security leader building world-class
security strategy and executing on them.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building effective internal and external
relationships and interact effectively with individuals at all
- Experience influencing and collaborating to get work done
- Team player-coach.
- Management experience.
- Experience perceiving threats facing organizations and
experience recognizing how these threats can become transformed
into attacks and safeguarding the organization.
- Experience with technical controls and resolving InfoSec
- Experience with ensuring compliance with all information
security policies, standards, and guidelines in the development of
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint, and Word)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Certification in Cloud Security
- Rush is an academic health system comprising Rush University
Medical Center, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park
- For demonstrating leadership in the use of information
technology, Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park
Hospital have been listed among the most wired hospitals in the
nation by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country,
Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance
your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living
benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain
and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Rush Hospital, Chicago , Director of Information Security - Full Time (Hybrid or Remote), Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!