Assistant Director, Trustee Relations
Company: Loyola University Chicago
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Assistant Director of Trustee Relations
Chicago-Water Tower Campus
DEVELOPMENT:PLANNED-MAJOR GIFT (03600A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
With assistance and guidance under the Associate Director of
Trustee Relations, this position is responsible for supporting the
efforts of the Office of the Vice President of Advancement and
Trustee Relations. The Assistant Director will work closely with
the Associate Director of Trustee Relations on communications and
operational matters pertaining to Advancement, the President's
Office, and the Board of Trustees, and will work to keep major
initiatives moving smoothly while maintaining internal tracking of
goals and projects within the area. It also requires the ability to
anticipate the needs across the university enterprise, and the
successful candidate needs to be a pro-active problem solver with a
strong attention to detail.
- Supports the VP and Associate Director on committee and board
materials for the Advancement Committee, Governance Committee and
other required meetings for the Board of Trustees. Ensure
respective committee and board materials are assigned to the proper
staff, provide instruction regarding the necessary materials, and
prepare materials as needed.
- Tracks relevant data within existing Advancement and project
management systems, including information on university leadership
- Works with Associate Director of Advancement to establish and
adhere to timelines for all trustee related materials, projects,
efforts and events.
- Drafts and coordinates production of personalized reports,
letters and other correspondence from members of university
- Supports the Advancement Liaison to the President's Office.
Collaborates with Advancement and University-wide staff to
adequately prepare the President for meetings, events, and other
- Construct executive meeting Power Point presentations, compile
condential donor reports and briengs.
- Serves as a representative of the Office of Advancement.
Effectively collaborates with colleagues in the Advancement Office
and other offices within the University to meet the division and
University's annual and long-term programmatic and fundraising
- Attends meetings and events across Loyola's Chicagoland
- Oversees other special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree supplemented with at one to two years of
experience working in a fund-raising or nonprofit environment
required; or equivalent combination of education and experience in
fundraising, donor engagement, or project management.
*Proof of COVID vaccination will be required prior to employment
- Excellent project management, writing, communication and
organization skills required.
- Writing samples may be requested.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced computer systems, especially
database management. Experience with Advance a plus, but not
- Required "power user" knowledge of standard Windows and
Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Graphic design experience a plus.
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Special Instructions to Applicants
Loyola requires all faculty, staff, and students to be COVID-19
vaccinated along with receiving the COVID-19 Booster vaccine when
eligible. Anexemption for a qualified medical or religious reason
may be submitted for review/approval.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Quick Link for Posting
Keywords: Loyola University Chicago, Chicago , Assistant Director, Trustee Relations, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!