Posted on: March 19, 2023
ResponsibilitiesThe Preconstruction Director will report to the
Vice President of Construction and work with both Market Rate and
Affordable project management teams, superintendents, architects,
and consultants in developing budgets, schedules, and logistics and
lead presentations to leadership. This individual will be the
liaison between the design and construction teams and the
development team to ensure that the project objectives are
maintained and delivered throughout preconstruction, from project
concept thru contract and subcontract execution. This individual
must be fluent in the understanding of conceptual estimating and
have the ability to create the missing detail and to ensure that a
complete and holistic budget is developed. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all project meetings; provide real time professional
feedback and engagement.
- Develop the project target budget in connection with overall
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion
(conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications, provide
feedback and suggestions in timely manner.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team to
develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Understand and track commodity pricing and market trends.
- Perform pricing studies to evaluate design solution options,
including initial construction costs along with long term operating
- Participate in the creation of the project EDID and ensure that
project objectives are achieved from concept through construction
- Review accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages, scopes of work, compare and analyze
subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Assist with subcontractor buyouts and awards.
- Oversee and manage the contract administrator.
- Other related duties as required and assigned. Qualifications
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant real estate / construction
- Extensive subcontractor and supplier trusted and dependable
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and
- Self-motivated and possesses strong communication/interpersonal
- Well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to
prioritize critical activities.
- Strong proficiency with fa--ade, mechanical, electrical and
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium
on performance. - Hard working. Committed to do what it takes to
get the job done. - Self-starting personality that can work well
with limited direction. - High energy, upbeat attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and shift direction easily.
- Personal style that is easily adaptive to different cultures
and styles of transacting business.
- Team player.
- Investor/owner mentality.
- Unquestioned integrity.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of current safety regulations.Please note that
Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the
health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of
employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is
approved or as otherwise required by law.Related Companies is an
equal opportunity employer.For information about how we use your
personal information, including information submitted for career
OverviewRelated Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle
company defined by innovation and the most prominent
privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed 50
years ago, Related is one of the largest private owners and
preservationists of affordable housing in the U.S. and isa fully
integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in
virtually every aspect of development, acquisition, management,
finance, marketing, and sales. Headquartered in New York City,
Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los
Angeles, San Francisco, West Palm Beach, Miami, Washington, D.C.,
and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals.
With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development, our
projects include the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on
Manhattan's West Side, The Square in Downtown West Palm Beach, The
Grand LA and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in
Chicago. Each Related project emphasizes a strong commitment to
environmentally conscious real estate development and advances the
sustainable design, construction and management of urban spaces.,
the Chicago office of Related Companies, is the preeminent
developer of mixed-use properties, affordable housing communities,
and luxury condominium and rental homes across Chicago. The company
commands a portfolio of residential, mixed-use and master-planned
properties, including pioneering projects like The 78 where the
company is heading a transformational development on 62 acres in
the heart of downtown Chicago to create the city's next great
neighborhood. Related Midwest is also one of the largest developers
of affordable housing in the Midwest, with more than 10,000 units
owned and managed. The firm's other market-defining projects
include ultra-luxury residential tower One Bennett Park, designed
by Robert A.M. Stern Architects, with adjacent park by Michael Van
Valkenburgh Associates; Fulton Market's 900 Randolph, the first
high-rise in Chicago co-built by a Black-owned general contractor;
luxury rental towers500 Lake Shore Driveand OneEleven; Lathrop, an
ongoing restoration and redevelopment of the historic Julia C.
Lathrop Homes into a mixed-income community; 400 Lake Shore Drive,
two residential towers situated where the river meets the lake in
Chicago, and Roosevelt Square, aninnovative 120-acre multi-phase
development on Chicago's west side.#TRC
Keywords: RELATED, Chicago , Director, Preconstruction, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...