Medical Case Manager - Hybrid - Case Management
Company: Crawford & Company
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Medical Case Manager - HybridExcellence In Everything We
* Great Work Life Balance!
* Monthly Bonus Program!
* Free CEU's for licenses and certificates--- License and national certification reimbursement
This is a work from home position requiring local field case management travel to cover the Chicago, IL region.
* National Certification such as CCM, CRC, COHN, CRRC preferred
* RN degree preferred or comparable case management experience with RN degree
* Prior Workers Compensation Case Management preferred
To provide effective case management services in an appropriate, cost effective manner. Provides medical case management service which is consistent with URAC standards and CMSA Standards of Practice and Broadspire Quality Assurance (QA) Guidelines to patients/employees who are receiving benefits under an Insurance Line including but not limited to Workers' Compensation, Group Health, Liability, Disability, and Care Management.
* Reviews case records and reports, collects and analyzes data, evaluates injured worker/disabled individual's medical status, identifies needs and obstacles to medical case resolution and RTW by providing proactive case management services.
* Render opinions regarding case costs, treatment plan, outcome and problem areas, and makes recommendations to facilitate case management goals to include RTW.
* Demonstrates ability to meet administrative requirements, including productivity, time management and QA standards, with a minimum of supervisory intervention.
* May perform job site evaluations/summaries to facilitate case management process.
* Facilitates timely return to work date by establishing a professional working relationship with the injured worker/disabled individual, physician, and employer. Coordinate RTW with injured worker, employer and physicians.
* Maintains contact and communicates with claims adjusters to apprise them of case activity, case direction or secure authorization for services. Maintains contact with all parties involved on case, necessary for case management the injured worker/disabled individual.
* May obtain records from the branch claims office.
* May review files for claims adjusters and supervisors for appropriate referral for case management services.
* May meet with employers to review active files.
* Makes referrals for Peer reviews and IME's by obtaining and delivering medical records and diagnostic films, notifying injured worker/disabled individual and conferring with physicians.
* Utilizes clinical expertise and medical resources to interpret medical records and test results and provides assessment accordingly.
* May spend approximately 70% of their work time traveling to homes, health care providers, job sites and various offices as required facilitating RTW and resolution of cases.
* Meets monthly production requirements and quality assessment (QA) requirements to ensure a quality product.
* Reviews cases with supervisor monthly to evaluate files and obtain directions.
* Upholds the Crawford and Company Code of Business Conduct at all times.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service, and respect for customers, co-workers, and management.
* Independently approaches problem solving by appropriate use of research and resources.
* May perform other related duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree or relevant course work/certification in Nursing is required; BSN Degree is preferred.
* Minimum of 1-3 years diverse clinical experience and one of the below:
* Certification as a case manager from the URAC-approved list of certifications (preferred);
* A registered nurse (RN) license.
* Must be compliant with state requirements regarding national certifications.
* Based on federal, state, or local law, this position may require you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
* Active RN home state licensure in good standing without restrictions with the State Board of Nursing.
* Must meet specific requirements to provide medical case management services.
* Minimum of 1 National Certification (CCM, CDMS, CRRN, and COHN) is preferred. If not attained, must plan to take certification exam within proceeding 36 months.
* National certification must be obtained in order to reach Senior Medical Case Management status.
* Travel may entail approximately 70% of work time.
* Must maintain a valid driver's license in state of residence.
* General working knowledge of case management practices and ability to quickly learn and apply workers compensation/case management products and services.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively facilitate return-to-work solutions within a matrix organization and ensure timely, quality documentation.
* Excellent analytical and customer service skills to facilitate the resolution of case management problems.
* Basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Lotus Notes.
* Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative working relationships with claims adjusters, employers, patients, attorneys and all levels of employees.
* Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data and establish plans to improve trends, processes, and outcomes.
* Excellent organizational skills as evidenced by proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Demonstrated leadership ability with a basic understanding of supervisory and management principles.
Because a claim is more than a number - it's a person, a child, a friend. It's anyone who looks to Crawford on their worst days. And by helping to restore their lives, we are helping to restore our community - one claim at a time.
At Crawford, employees are empowered to grow, emboldened to act and inspired to innovate. Our industry-leading team pioneers new solutions for the industries and customers we serve. We're looking for the next generation of leaders to take this journey with us.
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in purpose, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawco.com.
When you accept a job with Crawford, you become a part of the One Crawford family.
* Our total compensation plans provide each of our employees with far more than just a great salary
* Pay and incentive plans that recognize performance excellence
* Benefit programs that empower financial, physical, and mental wellness
* Training programs that promote continuous learning and career progression while enhancing job performance
* Sustainability programs that give back to the communities in which we live and work
* A culture of respect, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and inclusion
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Medical Case Manager - HybridExcellence In Everything We
Keywords: Crawford & Company, Chicago , Medical Case Manager - Hybrid - Case Management, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
here to apply!