Team Manager, Underwriting Support
Company: American International Group
Posted on: March 20, 2023
About the role -Reporting to the Operations Manager/COO, this
role will be key to the success of our new operating model. You
will be managing a team of support staff ranging from Underwriting
Assistants up to Associate Underwriters. As we are giving new
duties and greater responsibility to team members, your leadership
and guidance will be crucial to getting the best from each
individual while driving collective performance. You can also make
a high-profile impact through your ideas, insight, and ability to
enhance processes and systems - the role will involve regular
interaction with leaders across AIG, up to the C-Suite.What you
need to know
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the support unit.
- People management of your team, including hiring, coaching,
counseling, development, goal setting and performance
- Promoting teamwork and collaboration in partnership with
underwriting and other functional teams.
- Developing relationships with field and home office
underwriting leaders to execute our end-to-end underwriting
- Communicating and collaborating across AIG to provide
solutions/recommendations to achieve organizational success.
- Recommending how and what performance measurements to collect,
then translating data into individual, team, and unit metrics.
- Reviewing workflows/processes on a semi-annual basis to
identify efficiencies and improvements.
- Attending broker or client meetings as requested by the
underwriting team.What we're looking for -You will bring a rounded
mix of technical knowledge and people skills, together with a
proactive mindset and strong problem-solving ability. You'll also
- 7+years of related Commercial Insurance experience
- 3+ years of recent, direct team management experience
- A successful track record of recent, direct team management
- Strong knowledge of program and reinsurance structures.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial P&C insurance policy forms
and regulatory requirements.
- A combination of commercial P&C insurance rating, coding,
and underwriting assistant skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - including the
ability to work effectively with senior leaders.
- Strong analytical, time management and multi-tasking
- Bachelor's degree preferred.#LI-CYA look at our BenefitsWe're
proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help
you protect what matters most - your health care, savings,
financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves
for personal, health, family and military needs. For example, our
"Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to
volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness
days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on
their mental health and wellbeing.We also believe in fostering our
colleagues' development and offer a range of learning opportunities
for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position
themselves for the next steps of their careers. We have a tuition
reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their
education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their
current position or future positions to which they may transfer or
progress.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer -American
International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are
committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and
procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to
all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age,
gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual
orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are
critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for
a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and
profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives,
we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are
not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their
unique perspectives.To learn more please visit: AIG is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job
applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. - If
you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search
for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or
hiring process, please send an email to . - - Reasonable
accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case
basis.Functional Area:OP - OperationsEstimated Travel Percentage
(%): Up to 25%Relocation Provided: NoNational Union Fire Insurance
Company of Pittsburgh, Pa.
Keywords: American International Group, Chicago , Team Manager, Underwriting Support, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...