Chief Financial Officer
Company: IFG International Financial Group Ltd
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a key position and vital to
the success of organization's strategic initiatives. This top-level
executive strategically manages the overall financial operations of
the organization -ensuring compliance with all financial standards.
The CFO leads the Finance and Accounting team; regularly
collaborating and interfacing with internal and external
stakeholders to continuously improve organization's -financial
state. Job Function:
- Budget and Operations
- Develop, analyze, review and manage multiple program and agency
- Provide management with timely reviews of the financial status
and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Prepare analytics, which summarize and forecast activity and
financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based
on past, present and expected operations and for Board
presentation. Compare those results to actuals and budgets and
analyze on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, usefulness of financial,
management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations,
board of directors, and management.
- Oversee cash, investment, banking, and asset management
- Develop, implement and oversee accounting policies, procedures
and internal controls
- Design financial models that will benefit different operating
initiatives - Financial Reporting and Audits
- Coordinate annual audits (HUD audit, 401k/403b audits, Agency
audits, 990's, Annual Reports).
- Ensure accurate tax reporting and proper filing of all tax
returns (Federal, state and local).
- Comply with regulations and file Form 5500 for Health & Welfare
plans, 401K, and 403B plans.
- Prepare monthly and annual work papers.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial
- Work with program leadership to plan future initiatives,
analyze trends, and effect efficiencies.
- Navigate complex data and provide analytics and predictive
scenarios that drive action and decision-making
- Identify and address potential financial risks -
- Implement strategies and systems to improve financial
- Serve as a member of the leadership team.
- Act as staff liaison for the Finance Committee, Audit
Committee, and Investment Sub-Committees. Serves on the Investment
Committees for the 401k and the 403b plans.
- Make approval or rejection recommendations on a variety of
financial issues including but not limited to company lines of
credit and commercial real estate and loans, rental and equipment
- Ensure that business decisions are grounded in solid financial
- Develop cost models for union salary increases and costing of
union contract provisions.
- Ensure departmental and agency financial technology is fully
- Creates?an environment that inspires and motivates the team to
achieve individual, departmental, and organizational goals.? -
- Monitors?the team's day-to-day activities?ensuring stakeholder
- Provides?learning and development opportunities?to?the team
that maximizes?their potential.? -
- Builds?relationships?and open communication channels?with team
members that?foster?trust and?respect.
- Delivers?timely, ongoing feedback?to the team?including?annual
performance evaluation. Perform other duties as required and/or
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration,
accounting, or finance; Masters preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- 10+ years of experience in financial management; significant
experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including
sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
- Strong supervisory, management, and leadership skills required;
5+ years preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft
Office Suite related software; and familiarity with Sage Intacct
and ADP preferred.
- Experience developing and proven ability to create meaningful
analytics to measure and forecast the financial state of the
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost control principles, and Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local financial regulations;
must understand non-profit allocations.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and time management
skills and the ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of security and
confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to promote and adhere to company mission, values and
focus on client needs. A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and
equitable work environment. For immediate consideration, please
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: IFG International Financial Group Ltd, Chicago , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...