Vice President, Property & Casualty - Hybrid
Company: NFP Corp
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Summary: Full-service commercial insurance brokerage firm is
seeking a Vice President in their Lawyers Professional Liability
division to provide risk management consultative services to
current and prospective clients, to assist colleagues with
technical insurance policy analysis and law firm operations
knowledge, and to collect and analyze proprietary claims data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct CLE seminars for Thompson Flanagan law firm clients;
responsible for creating and presenting unique content.
- Participate in meetings with insureds, underwriters, claims
professionals, and broker colleagues as requested.
- Analyze insurance coverage decisions and engage in claims
advocacy services on behalf of law firm clients.
- Serve as consultative resource to explain features, advantages,
and disadvantages of various insurance carrier policy forms to
clients and prospects.
- Attend, as an active participant, new business and renewal
meetings for middle market and large law firms across the country
(demonstrate ability and willingness to travel).
- Support and assist the team towards generating new business to
meet an annual group new business sales goal.
- Demonstrate availability to assist Thompson Flanagan brokers
and law firm clients with periodic and spontaneous risk management
- Establish and maintain internal tracking system for law firm
client claims/loss activity for use with annual renewals, adverse
claim scenarios, and creating proprietary benchmarking/trends
- Responsible for attending industry events and social gatherings
to cultivate, grow, and maintain relationships with clients and
underwriters and to further establish the Thompson Flanagan/NFP
brand within the industry.
- Proactively identify and attend programs to learn about new
products and services, further expertise, and learn new
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven by entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to identify and tackle a
variety of issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of team members
based on different client/prospect needs.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct business
- High-level knowledge of computer and word processing programs
such as Microsoft Office Suite and Agency Management Systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Preferred minimum of 8+ years of professional liability
insurance and/or legal experience. Certificates, Licenses,
- Active Property & Casualty Insurance Producer License. About
Thompson Flanagan: Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance
brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there's a better way
to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class
responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and
appreciation of our clients' business challenges to determine the
best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team
member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone
relentlessly focused on our clients' success. Insurance is complex.
That's why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our
clients-many of whom are law firms, private equity and title
companies across the country. We guide them through this maze,
knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We
treat them as we'd like to be treated-keeping them top of mind,
communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work
as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an
even better solution. Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment
opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and
practices. These policies and practices are administered without
regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color,
religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status,
veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy
status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any
other factor protected by law. Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned
subsidiary of NFP, Corp.
Keywords: NFP Corp, Chicago , Vice President, Property & Casualty - Hybrid, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...