Sr. Project Manager - Chemical/Refining
Company: Middough Inc.
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!Sr. Project Manager
(Chemical/Refining) - Position and ResponsibilitiesA Sr. Project
Manager (SPM) serves as a client account manager and is the primary
point of contact for the client and other outside consultants
concerning the project(s). A SPM is fully responsible for the
overall development and execution of a portfolio of projects
(typically $1MM+ project fee), including: project profitability,
quality, safety, client satisfaction, controlling available
resources, project scope, schedule, budget and contractual
requirements. A SPM possesses broad knowledge, understanding and
experience with the standard engineering and construction models
including A/E, AEPCM, or Design Build. -SPM's -provide leadership
and organization to the project and instill confidence in the
client regarding the project team's abilities. A SPM demonstrates
excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and maintains
specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a
thorough understanding of contract administration, liability and
safety issues.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Supports business and relationship development activities.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project
between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project execution strategy and
reviews progress as drawings and specifications are developed and
prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and secures Change
Authorizations, as required.
- Manages project financials, pricing and cash flow.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents
via the DTSR including: scope development, project costs and
schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Develops proposals, project specification/scopes and negotiates
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability
and technical performance of the project and develops innovative
actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the
design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project
issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in
solving them and determines solutions and directs their
- Prepares periodic reports for the client to track cost,
schedule, and quality performance.
- Issues regular invoices for contracted work and services
payment, and follows up on past due invoices.Education, Experience
and SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the following:
- 20+ years project management experience in a consulting
- 5+ years managing a portfolio of projects > $1mm annual
- Experience managing complex Chemical and Refining projects in a
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering
- MBA desired, but not required
- 5+ years demonstrated business development experience
- PE/PMP Certification desiredPhysical RequirementsThe
characteristics described below are representative of those
encountered while performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. - Safety
protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are
required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Chicago , Sr. Project Manager - Chemical/Refining, Executive , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...