Extrusion Department Manager
Company: SONOCO CANADA
Location: Franklin Park
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Extrusion Department Manager page is loaded Extrusion Department
Manager Apply remote type Onsite locations Franklin Park, IL, USA
time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id
JR-123546 While reporting to the Plant Superintendent, you will be
responsible to build and maintain a customer centric organization.
To create and maintain a safe, clean, quality and team oriented
environment where employees are encouraged to become involved in
improving daily operations. You will provide for the efficient
daily operation of all Application activities, Lead hourly
employees to achieve business objectives. You'll need a hands on
approach to facilitate the startup and establishment of an
operation with a lean staffing structure
- Provide leadership and direction for meeting and exceeding
Sonoco safety standards. Create an environment that promotes the
identification of safe operating behavior and initiates
improvements and corrective actions on a continuous bases.
- Quality of processes as well as final product. Promote an
environment that fosters responsibility for quality at all levels
of the manufacturing team.
- Coach, direct and facilitate production employees, focus on
team problem solving, consensus building and technical
- Daily verification and data entry of production reports,
calculations for labor, run hours, material utilization and
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Safety,
Quality, and Operation's equipment.
- Maintain all daily manufacturing operation requirements.
- Accurately manage overall inventory process.
- Improve current methods, processes or conditions so as to
reduce manufacturing costs
- Evaluate employee performance through regular performance
appraisals and assist with improving skill levels and
- Coordinate activities with other departments and shift Team
Leaders to maximize production efficiency.
- Input and review payroll data
- Manage overtime scheduling
- Oversee production reporting system integrity.This position is
located in Franklin Park, IL
- College degree and 6 to 8 years of production experience in a
- Demonstrated management skills in electronics or production
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills commensurate
with leading a lean operation. Experience should include primary
manufacturing responsibility for an organization with > 75
- Experience in starting and growing a manufacturing plant or
department strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.We care about the health and
wellness of you and your family. That's why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your
health and provide financial security for you and your family. In
addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans. - At
Sonoco Products Company, we offer a comprehensive total rewards
package, including competitive pay and benefits:Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your
dependents, including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Wellbeing tools and resources to support holistic health,
including an Employee Assistance Program with a variety of
- Paid time off and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for
the health of yourself and family
- Variety of company paid and voluntary employee-paid insurance
plans including life, personal accident, and disability
- Tuition reimbursement We are an equal opportunity employer, and
we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against
employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race,
color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any
legally protected characteristic. 0:00 -/ - 3:28 Sonoco Metal
PackagingWe are currently integrating systems with our latest
acquisition, Sonoco Metal Packaging. Please visit our Metal
Packaging Career Site for jobs in this division across the United
States. About Us Founded in 1899, Sonoco (NYSE:SON) is a global
provider of consumer, industrial, healthcare and protective
packaging. With annualized net sales of approximately $5.2 billion,
the Company has 20,000 employees working in more than 300
operations in 34 countries serving some of the world's best-known
brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is committed to creating
sustainable products, services and programs for our customers,
employees and communities that support our corporate purpose of
Better Packaging. Better Life. The Company was listed as one of
Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies 2021 as well as being
included in Barron's 100 Most Sustainable Companies for the third
year in a row.
Keywords: SONOCO CANADA, Chicago , Extrusion Department Manager, Executive , Franklin Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...