Company: Considine Search
Posted on: May 28, 2023
New York, NY or Chicago, IL
The e-Billing Manager is responsible for all global
e-Billing-related activities at the firm.The e-Billing Manager is
responsible for the timely and successful handling of all e-Billing
tasks through developing and implementing procedures ensuring
compliance with client billing guidelines and their technical
billing portals.This role directs the e-Billing team, focusing on
training and development, while frequently assessing workload to
ensure all e-Billing invoices are submitted in a timely manner. The
e-Billing Manager maintains professionalism and strict
confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.The firm offers a
hybrid work model, allowing the flexibility to work both on-site
and remotely on a regular basis.
- Directly supervises and manages employees and is responsible
for their overall direction, coordination, and evaluation.Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Firm's
policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include interviewing
and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems; and making recommendations for
hiring, promotion, compensation, and termination.
- Direct the onboarding of new e-Billing clients within the
firm's e-Billing technology solution (e-Billing Hub).This includes
establishing timekeepers, timekeeper rates, phase and task codes
and diary description key words.Client guidelines will also require
the e-Billing Manager to ensure that certain costs are invoiced to
the client at proscribed cost rates.
- Direct the periodic maintenance of each e-Billing client's
guidelines within the firm's e-Billing Hub solution.Including
updating timekeepers, timekeeper rates, phase and task codes and
diary description key words.Updating certain cost codes and
- Develop and maintain documentation on e-billing procedures
ensuring compliance with client requirements.Communicate guidelines
to e-Billing team, billing and collections teams, finance
management, attorneys, partners, and their LEA's.
- Ensure timely attention to e-bill rejections minimizing
write-offs and lost revenues.
- Develop procedures for the timely communication of client short
payments providing visibility to partners and where appropriate
request exceptions from clients.
- Develop e-billing team onboarding, including training on all
software platforms, policies and procedures that will result in a
highly skilled and effective e-billing team.
- Evaluate and mentor staff capabilities periodically to ensure
e-billing staff remain abreast of new technologies and
- Prepare and regularly review e-billing team responsibilities
and assignments to ensure the highest level of client service to
attorneys, firm management and clients.
- Reviews and adjust e-billing team workload frequently to
accommodate fluctuations in e-billing volume, eliminating barriers
to success and limiting staff overtime when possible.
- Prepare reports for partners, finance management and firm
leaders, including analytics for e-bill volume and success/failure
rate of submission, as well as timing to resolve issues when they
- Prepare reports as required by clients and third parties
including but not limited to timekeeper listings, timekeeper rates,
outstanding e-bills and summary reporting for client's fiscal
- Continually analyzes industry-specific technology, procedures
and policies to ensure best practices are deployed. Prepare
recommendations for process improvements to Director of Revenue and
firm management with the objective of the duration of time from
work to bill to collect.
- Participate in finance systems upgrades, ensuring proper
testing and implementation of systems integrations that affect the
e-Billing Hub solution.
- Collaborate with billing and collection teams to ensure timely
attention of all issues that impact the flow of e-bills processes
from matter set up to payment of invoices.
- Develop, mentor and coach e-billing team and lead the team as a
role model to champion firm initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance and ten or
more years of progressive e-billing experience, in an Am Law 100
law firm, and five or more years of supervisory experience is
required. An advanced degree or certificate in project management
is preferred. Experience with Elite and or Aderant time and billing
software, and e-Billing Hub, or similar industry standard is
- Experience with Microsoft Office withadvanced proficiency with
MS Excel spreadsheets, including features such as pivot tables,
charts and graphs and formulas; must be proficient with MS Word and
- Analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy
to analyze complex client billing problems, reconcile
billing-related issues, and multi-task with numerous reports
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in order to manage multiple
priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work
environment, and ensure work is completed within strict
deadlines.Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem
resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills.Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy,
efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide
information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse
group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and
cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.Ability to
act independently and make decisions within scope of the position's
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including
computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator,
facsimile, scanner, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written
documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10
- Required to work towards deadlines; must be able to work more
than 37.5 hours per week in Chicago, 35 hours per week in New
Compensation & Benefits
$120,000 - $170,000, depending on location and experience. The firm
offers an outstanding benefit package which includes:
medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution, parental
leave, transportation fringe benefit program, back-up care option,
generous paid time off policy, and long-term and short-term
Salary: $120,000 - $170,000Date Active: 4.14.2023Exempt/Not Exempt:
Keywords: Considine Search, Chicago , e-Billing Manager, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...