Manager, Digital Marketing
Company: Society of Actuaries Research Institute
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Manager, Digital MarketingThis is a hybrid role which can be
based in our Schaumburg or downtown Chicago office. Candidate must
reside in the Chicagoland area to be considered for this position.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Manager,
Digital Marketing is a key member of the Marketing team and is
responsible for the development and implementation of the digital
marketing plan across all channels. The Manager, Digital Marketing
will develop best-in-class social media, email, and paid media
campaigns utilizing a large toolkit of best practices while staying
current on emerging digital technologies and trends. They will work
closely with other members of the Marketing team, Creative
Services, Communications, Digital Strategy, and IT to develop,
integrate, and measure digital marketing initiatives in support of
the Society of Actuaries strategic objectives. ESSENTIAL
- Develop digital marketing strategy and optimize key tactics
including email marketing, social media, paid search/SEM, and paid
media campaigns. Monitor and optimize reach, engagement, and
conversions using leading-edge testing and analytical methods.
- Responsible for the quality assurance and deployment of all
emails. Coordinate the schedule and cadence of emails to ensure
appropriate frequency among audiences. Coordinate efforts of
marketing and communications staff and cross-functional
- Manage the development and ongoing optimization of audience
segmentation, marketing automation and A/B testing to improve email
process efficiency and performance.
- Develop and manage the social media strategy and execution
across current platforms including community acquisition,
engagement, analytics, and reporting. Develop paid social media
plan to boost posts and deliver social objectives. Develop and
execute social media influencer strategy to target key influencers
and amplify reach and awareness.
- Measure and report on digital marketing campaigns (email,
social media, organic traffic, paid search, paid ads, etc.) to
measure results vs spend.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Marketing, create paid media
campaigns to promote SOAs professional development offerings and
achieve revenue objectives.
- Working with Director, Marketing, develop short-term and
long-term goals for digital marketing channels. Set Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) and monitor and optimize performance. Develop and
maintain a comprehensive marketing scorecard with KPIs across all
channels. Track and report on KPI progress, with continuous testing
to optimize results.
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy and IT and contribute to the
creation of an optimal website experience with streamlined
navigation, enhanced SEO, and mobile capabilities that that creates
an exceptional user experience.
- Working with the digital team, implement SEO best practices on
key webpages within the site to increase and optimize organic web
traffic. Along with IT and Finance, manage vendor contracts,
negotiations, renewals of software and licenses for martech
- Travel to select conferences and events to represent the
organization as needed. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an
equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing and digital marketing
- Minimum of 3 years supervising the work of professional staff
- Global marketing experience a plus. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
ABILITIES including competencies that may be representative but not
all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Highly skilled, hands-on digital marketing experience including
email marketing, marketing automation, social media, SEO, SEM, and
- Creative and innovative thinker who can develop a vision and
roadmap with the technical knowledge and ability to make it
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and demonstrated ability
to turn data into insights and measurable results.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience
- Strong project management skills including the ability to
handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to serve and function effectively as a member of an
- Results-oriented with strong initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on knowledge and expertise in utilization of martech
tools including content management systems, Google Analytics,
Google Ads, Bing, Personify/Salesforce, marketing automation
(Eloqua), and social media management tools (Sprout Social). WORK
ENVIRONMENT (environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly
associated with the performance of the functions of this job).
- Typical office environment.
- Flexible hybrid work environment. In-person meetings dependent
on business and team needs. Teams are expected to be in-person at
least once a month for purpose driven work.
- Work travel as appropriate, including attendance at the SOAs
major in-person professional development meetings. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES AND COORDINATION required to perform the functions
of this job.
- This position includes the direct supervision and management of
a Digital Marketing Specialist. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB
(may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly
associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment.
- Personal computer and printer. PHYSICAL ABILITIES that are
commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this
job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to self-ambulate.The SOA will provide equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment
regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, age, sex,
pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or
physical), genetic information, military or veteran status, marital
status, order of protection status, gender identity, sexual
orientation or any other category protected by applicable law. Such
action shall include but is not limited to: initial consideration
for employment; job placement and assignment of responsibilities;
performance evaluation; promotion and advancement; compensation and
fringe benefits; training and professional development
opportunities; formulation and application of human resource
policies and rules; facility and service accessibility; and
discipline and termination. This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to
follow other job-related instructions and to perform other
job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state
and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be
subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable
state and federal laws. PI216041014
Keywords: Society of Actuaries Research Institute, Chicago , Manager, Digital Marketing, Executive , Northbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...